FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings

Post Date: 2012-12-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
soldatenx View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote soldatenx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Greetings
    Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 6:33am
Budget 1200-1500, might go a little higher but need other accessories via monitor, mouse, keyboard etc....

New to DS here, looking to purchase my very first gaming desktop within the next couple weeks, I have been doing a lot of research and I even got myself a gaming laptop Asus G75vw, to hold me off til I decided.  I certainly have decided on DS, it's just which PC?  I keep going back n forth with the Ode v2 lvl 1 and the Marauder lvl 4.  They seem so similar but of course have their unique differences and I am kinda at a stalemate.  The Ode v2 lvl 2 also is a possibility, but how much do I need that I7? 

Main uses will be gaming, movies, business and music etc.  I like the Ode v2 lvl 1 specs a lot and the gtx 670 also makes me drool, but how long will the I5 last me til I7 will be the need for gaming?  I am not too computer illiterate for these things.  Is the Ode and Marauder both capable of easy video card upgrades and also memory?  I am looking to have this PC be a very long term investment. 

Thank you all for your help in advance. 
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:23am
Hi soldatenx....  Welcome to the forums.

My pick for another $200 over the Marauder level 4 would be the ODE level 1.  It has a better case with better cooling, the gtx 670 for about 10-20% better gaming and comes overclocked for a few extra fps in alot of games.  The better the graphic card you can get the longer you'll be happy with it.

The ODE 2 does have the i7 chip, but gaming doesn't ultilize it as of now and can't really say about the future.  The ODE 2 does have a better psu with longer warranty.  I do like the dependability of the air cooler in the ODE 1 better than ODE 2's Vortex 120 sealed cooler.

Overall the ODE 1 is my personal pick but for another $200 you do get the i7 and 800w psu.  Still say the ODE 1.  Big%20Smile

Good Luck.

soldatenx View Drop Down

Quote soldatenx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 7:05pm
Thank you for your assistance bprat, I appreciate it.  I have decided on the Ode v2 model, now I am kinda jumping back n forth between level 1 & 2, just because of the level 2 having the I7 and bigger psu.  But the level 1 is more my budget since I'm looking at either a Dell 24" monitor or LG 27".  Well Thanks again!  
 Post Reply Post Reply