Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pineapplerum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pineapplerum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Grrrrs
    Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 1:22pm
Hi again,
I'm trying really hard to be patient but this stupid video card is still giving me problems.  I tried reaching DSO via phone but nobody is answering. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, twice.  I have the latest driver.
I'm really disappointed with my computer because I got it specifically to be my "gaming" computer but when my games keep crashing on it, it really spoils the experience of having spent twice as much money on this computer when my other computer plays the games with no problems and I've never had to reinstall any drivers.
If I have to "reseat" my card, please, teach me how to.  (Solos thread "crashing" ) I asked him but he's not a professional so I'd like to get the okay from someone who built my computer.  If that doesn't work and my graphics card is broken, could you please just send me a new one?
I'd really like to enjoy my computer that I got from Digital Storm Online.  I can't if it keeps going whacko on me and my having to reboot every other time I try to play a game.
Also, when I start up my computer, after the bios, the screen stays black for a good minute and then the windows screen finally comes on.  Is this normal?  What's up with that?
Thank you so much for listening to me whine.

syn View Drop Down

Quote syn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 6:49pm
This is a very easy procedure, I know you may be a little freaked out at first but trust me, it's like riding a thousand+ dollar bike!

- Move your PC to a non-carpeted area and get a philips head screwdriver.

- Open it up.

- Touch some of the metal on your case before you touch any components.

- Identify your Video Card and RAM locations (painted this for ya) http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4962/moboun7.jpg

- See where the graphics card is screwed into the case? Unscrew it.

- There may be a little lever attached to the slot the card is in, if so gently press it and unlock the card.

- Pull the card all the way out, then push it back in and screw it back into the case.

Now for the memory!

- Notice the white clips on each slot holding the RAM.

- Gently press down on the white clips, pull out the stick of memory, and press it back in firmly. Repeat with the remaining chips.

You're done!

If this doesn't fix your problem, then call DS and let them handle it from there.

Good luck!
Duke View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 7:08pm
I apologize for the previously unanswered phone calls. We have finally worked out all the kinks in our new phone system. You should be able to get through now at 510-490-1122. Please give us a call so we can further assist you.
EMAIL & MSN:
[email protected]
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pineapplerum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 3:29pm
Okay, no problem Duke. I figured it had something to do with the move.  Thank you! Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Pineapplerum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 3:30pm
Thanks Syn.  I think I'll try it this Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply