Post Date: 2020-05-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jcc1989 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jcc1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: GTA 5 keeps stuttering
    Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:03pm
So im having some issues with GTA5, I already own it for ps4 and since its free on epic i got it.    but it keeps stuttering and dropping in frames, now i have a pretty capable rig.

Monitor- MSI 27 inch 240 HZ

CPU-ryzen 7 2700x

GPU-RTX 2070

MB- ASUS Prim X470 pro

RAM- DDR4 24GB 3000 HMZ

Im sure im well over the requirements but im still getting crazy frame drops and stuttering. i watch videos on youtube, ive lower the graphic to normal, but it still pretty bad,

anyone got any other thought on what else i can try, it feels good on KB and mouse so i would really like to get it working

thank you

Edited by Jcc1989 - 20 May 2020 at 3:04pm
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:48pm
What resolution are you playing? It sounds like a CPU bottleneck, but you have a capable CPU. Is it just this one title?

If that was me, I would try to diagnose the problem via benchmarks (e.g., Fire Strike). Could be a driver issue. What version of Nvidia driver do you currently have installed? Are your Windows updates current? Do you have multiple things going on in the background that would tie up the CPU resources?
Jcc1989 View Drop Down

Quote Jcc1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:16am
yes, all other AAA title i have run fine.

gears 5

final fantasy XV

modern warfare

division 2

world war z

they all play great, its just this one title thats giving me issues. i have all my drivers up to date, my windows and my nvidia is up to date as well and i close anything still running once i start any game, the resolution set at 1920 x 1080 like all my other games. but i have lowered it too, even set it to 800 x 600 and still no change at all. the in game video memory is at 1018 MB out of 8191 MB. so i dont now what im doing wrong
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:17am
On Steam, they have an option to "Verify integrity of Game Files" for each game. I've needed to do this on occasion to get a Steam download to behave. Try right clicking on your Epic game in it's library to see what the options are. Perhaps you need to repeat the whole download. It really doesn't seem to be a hardware problem to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply