FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GTX 780 3GB (Includes PhysX) VS GTX 780 Ti 3GB

Post Date: 2013-11-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChrisKirkman View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChrisKirkman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: GTX 780 3GB (Includes PhysX) VS GTX 780 Ti 3GB
    Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 5:34pm
Which Gives more fps? The one that includes Physx is cheaper while the other one is more expensive (and overclocked) but just which one is better? The fate of my final draft of my customized computer lies in this decision. I have been scourging to see which is best but no success. Me personally, I am building a computer to play battlefield 4 at it's peak and the last decision is this. So I have turned to the community. Which card plays games at a higher FPS? Is the more expensive one worth it? Or go with the cheaper one? Which is more power full?

Edited by ChrisKirkman - 12 Nov 2013 at 5:35pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 6:44pm
Well, both cards have PhysX, that's just the way its labeled in the DS configurator. The GTX 780 Ti 3GB is more powerful than the standard 780 3GB in every way, but it costs a fair amount more.

I would personally go for the Ti if you can swing it, but the standard 780 is still a powerful card. What resolution to do play at?

Quote ChrisKirkman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Well, both cards have PhysX, that's just the way its labeled in the DS configurator. The GTX 780 Ti 3GB is more powerful than the standard 780 3GB in every way, but it costs a fair amount more.I would personally go for the Ti if you can swing it, but the standard 780 is still a powerful card. What resolution to do play at?

Sorry forgot to post my resolution. 1280x1024 60Hz
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 6:59pm
Do you have any plans on upgrading that anytime soon?

If not then the standard 780 would be great for you, and I don't think the added expense of the 780 Ti is worth it.

Quote ChrisKirkman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Do you have any plans on upgrading that anytime soon?If not then the standard 780 would be great for you, and I don't think the added expense of the 780 Ti is worth it.

IDK yet. How much cheaper would the normal one be?

Quote ChrisKirkman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:11pm
and btw this is my current config after talking with support. This should suffice but I would like some community opinions as well. 889981
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 7:13pm
I'd suggest you add the 780 questions to your thread in the configuration forum, it will be more likely to catch a variety of eyes there, so you can maximize the opinions you'll get. Strong
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 11:09pm
Here's my recommendations on your configuration:

1. Change the PSU to the EVGA NOVA 750 - it's fully modular and carries a longer warranty.
2. Go for the WD HDD instead of the Seagate.
3. Remove the RAM coolers (seriously not needed).
4. Remove the OS Tweak (again, not needed).

Unless you're planning on moving up to at least a 1080P display or higher, go with the standard 780 - it will be more than enough for your current display.
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:52am
The 780 Ti runs on the GK110 just like the titan and the 780. But the 780 Ti has all of it's cuda cores unlocked. All 2880.  That's more than the titan. It is more powerful in every aspect than the Titan (minus the VRAM).  With that one exception, the 780 Ti is the most powerful card you can buy... unless you have a couple of thousand of dollars laying around, then you can buy the Quadro K6000 which has 12GB of VRAM of all cuda cores unlocked.

But to answer your question, there is no card that is more powerful than the 780 Ti in the AMD/Nvidia market (ignoring quadro series).
 Post Reply Post Reply