Post Date: 2014-08-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: GTX770 fan speeds
    Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 9:12am
Hey guys... my turn. I've recently had to move my baby into a smaller place because of a remodeling job. The problem is now that the Vanquish II has to be in a smaller space... we're talking about a desk with less than 1" side to side clearance and, even though there's 8" of free space above it, the machine is now in an enclosed space. (Had to do it, otherwise I'm dealing with animal dander, dryer lint and other airborne particles.)

Yes, this is temporary. I find I am cleaning the computer after every 12-15 hours of use, just to be safe, yet the GTX770 does not like the space it's now in, and is getting warm during game play.

I've reset the case fans in BIOS to Turbo and I want to set the GTX fans pretty high, too, but I can't find a way in GeForce Control Panel, BIOS settings or any disk that came with the machine.

I've been encouraged to try MSI Afterburner and/or EVGA Precision as these utilities are supposed to help adjust GPU fan speeds.

Thought I'd check in with you lot just to get opinions.

Anyone?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 9:30am
Hi Snaike.....  I use Precision X., their custom fan profile, to kick the fans on sooner.  The default fan curve is pretty much a 1 on 1 for the most part.  Just enable it under the Fan tab.     EVGA recently took down the download option because of an ongoing issue, so if you don't have it already, the MSI Afterburner can be used. 

FYI....If the case in too enclosed, the faster fan curve might not help if all you're doing is recycling the same heated air.  1" is ok on the sides but the back needs 6" and more and a place for the exited heat to go.  If its a cubby-hole setup, then you might have issues. 

Good Luck. Big%20Smile  

Edited by bprat22 - 12 Aug 2014 at 9:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply