Post Date: 2012-05-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
McMars View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote McMars Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: HAF X vs. 500R
    Posted: 12 May 2012 at 9:16am
  Can anyone help me decide on which one is better??  I have pretty much decided to go with a Dreadnought Lvl 2 set up with a few tweeks like the h100 cooling  and a gtx 670 and  might go sli not sure yet. but would like some advice on the case... i have not seen anything posted on the 500R ... thanks...
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2012 at 9:29am
Hi McMars.....  The HafX is the definite winner in cooling.  It has a front 230mm fan, a top 200mm and side 200mm fan blowing on the graphics. and a rear 140mm fan.  Tops in airflow.

The 500R isn't bad but the 2x120mm fans in front will be noisier, move less air and it has no top fan to kick the heat out.  It's side 200mm fan does help unlike most other cases.

If they have the H100 that mounts to the top have the fans blow out then at least the 500R will have top fans to help.

Go HafX for the best.

Hope this helpsBig%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 12 May 2012 at 9:30am
taw2015 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote taw2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2012 at 12:15pm
As someone who has a HAF X case in Dreadnought configuration with dual-SLI 2.5gb GTX-570's and Sandy Bridge chips, I can attest to the airflow wonderfulness of the system -- and it's overclocked to boot, without water cooling. The fans do run, however, and so there is a bit of the noise factor figuring in: dead silent it ain't. The rear fan is the loudest of the bunch.

HAF X is a beast of a case. Very roomy with future growth in mind.

SLI simply means one card is the master, and the rest are slaved to it. With nVidia, you have an additional thing called PhysX, which accurately handles the laws of physics in games so everything looks more real. PhysX is built-in to the ROMs on the cards. And you don't have to keep SLI active at all time: it can be switched off when a program simply cannot make use of it.

Edited by taw2015 - 12 May 2012 at 9:55pm
Learn history from the people who lived it via BBC Witness podcasts.
 Post Reply Post Reply