FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello DS!

Post Date: 2009-08-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JeffC View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JeffC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Hello DS!
    Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 10:42pm
Hello, I am Jeff from New York. I am wondering if I should buy a New PC when my friends have bought from DS. They have given me wonderful reports and the quality seems flawless. But since most of them are young but clueless and their dads were in a good mood (buying them the PC, while I'm spending hard earned $ -.-), they can't answer most of my questions. Some are:
-As time passes, can I change parts to keep my PC to date?
-I never understood very clearly. I know that DS has the expertise, but wont Overclocking still kill the life of the parts?
-Why is 64 bit special over 32 bit? And what are the pros & Cons?

That is all I can think of so far :)
sdelu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdelu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 10:57pm
1) yes, assuming you get the right parts to begin with you will be able to upgrade everything for the next few years. At some point you will run out of room to upgrade, but that's because of technology and not DS.
2) no, not really. especially if DS does it, it's under warranty and you don't have to worry.
3) the main difference is that 64 bit allows you to utilize more RAM (ie, you can't use 6gb on 32bit). there are others as well but that's a big part of it.

Edited by sdelu - 10 Aug 2009 at 11:00pm
JeffC View Drop Down

Quote JeffC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 11:30pm
Thank you sdelu for your quick reply  Disapprove
satsunada View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 11:30pm
To clarify a little more on what sdelu said:
1) yes, you can do it or you can send it back to DS to have them do it via upgrading. Upgrading it yourself does not void the warranty like most places.
2) sdelu was spot on. The only thing you really need to worry about for OC'ing is temps and really the only OC that matters is the processor.
3) sdelu again is right, 32 bit stops at 4 gigs of RAM (including video card RAM!) and 64 bit rather can go as high as needed. That's the important thing, again, there are others. That I know of, there is no con with going 64 bit aside from being a bit tricky to use 32 bit stuff on a 64 bit system.
If knowledge is power and power corrupts, then total knowledge corrupts totally.
 Post Reply Post Reply