FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help a new member of the PCMR

Post Date: 2019-01-05

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nagooker View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Dec 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
  Quote Nagooker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help a new member of the PCMR
    Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 7:15am
As a new member if the PC Master race, I would love some advice on how to keep my Rig running clean and fast for years to come. As in, Software must haves and tip to keep the hardware running nice a clean.

Anti virus I have choose is Bitdefender, Im going to get ccleaner as well.
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:45am
CCleaner, Malwarebytes and at least two temp monitoring programs (HWMonitor, Speccy, RealTemp, etc). Electronic and physical cleaning on a regular schedule - I still take apart my 2013 machine once a month to clean all the filters and make sure there are no dust-bunny colonies. (Making certain to clean the PSU filter underneath that sometimes gets over looked by even the most fastidious users.)

I'm certain other folks'll pop in with suggestions, but those are mine.

Cheers!
Back to Top
Nagooker View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Dec 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
  Quote Nagooker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 8:58am
Should I install these on an ssd  or hdd?
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:14am
I have them on my Smaller SSD with the OS.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 7.421875E-02 seconds.