FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!! Can't See Boot Up or BIOS Screens

Post Date: 2012-12-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zhelder View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zhelder Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: HELP!!! Can't See Boot Up or BIOS Screens
    Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 10:47pm
Hello all. I received my brand new Digital Storm system a few days ago and I finally got to hook it up tonight. It's a Hailstom rig, with a Zotac GTX 680 video card and an ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard. To accompany my new computer, I also bought a new monitor, an Auria EQ276W (27", 2560 x 1440) from Microcenter. So far, so good, except for one problem.

The monitor does not display anything until Windows 8 is loaded. There is no option displayed in the Windows 8 Advanced Settings for UEFI BIOS, and when restarting the computer and hitting Delete to attempt to get into BIOS, the monitor power light goes from green to red and displays nothing. I have restarted the computer about 15 times, and tried using HDMI and VGA connections to no avail (it didn't help that I realized after I hooked up the VGA connector to the monitor that the GTX 680 doesn't have a VGA connector, LOL).

Does anyone know what I can do here? I'm loving the computer and the monitor so far, but this could prove to be a major problem for me. Thanks for any help and suggestions!
JerryW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JerryW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 11:12pm
If you had said you had dual video cards in SLI, I would say you have it connected to the 2nd video card.

Ack you said Windows 8:
go to the desktop.
hold down the windows logo key and press the R key
in the open box type in, msconfig then click on OK.

Go to Boot section;
On Boot Options, check if "No GUI Boot" is ticked. If it is, untick it.

Edited by JerryW - 15 Dec 2012 at 11:45pm
zhelder View Drop Down

Quote zhelder Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 6:10am
Thanks a lot, Jerry. I tried that. It wasn't ticked.

To see if this was a monitor problem, I even hooked up an old circa early 2004 Dell 17" 4:3 monitor with a 1280 x 1024 resolution. The same thing is happening. Windows 8 boots and displays fine, but boot/BIOS screens will not display.
joguco2012 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:15pm
Hi zhelder I have a Hailstorm PC also with GTX 680 and Asus deluxe motherboard. The reason might be that your monitor is taking so long to display your vga or dvi input and when it finishes windows 8 logo is what you see. My PC also loads up too fast and sometimes I don't even see the BIOS SCREEN. What I do is that you can turn on your monitor first and wait a few seconds before you turn on the cpu. Or turn on your cpu first and then turn on your monitor. My bios version is the 3203 which is yours??
joguco2012 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote joguco2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:17pm
Another thing is that turn on your computer and rapidly start pressing F2 key or Delete key and see if your cpu enters the bios setup screen. This way you can check that your monitor is not showing the Bios Screen because its not loading quite rapid the DVI or VGA input.
 Post Reply Post Reply