FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help deciding on a gaming laptop

Post Date: 2012-07-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ndb1784 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ndb1784 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help deciding on a gaming laptop
    Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:44pm
Budget:
Around $1,000

Expectations:
I would like to be able to run most PC games at reasonably high settings. I realize that the more I spend on a graphics card, the better off I am but I'd really like to stay on or under $1,000.

Usage:
Strictly for gaming and watching movies. I have a work laptop for that sort of stuff so storage won't really be an issue.

Special Needs:
I do biweekly travel out of state for several nights so mobility is fairly important. I really don't want to lug around a 17" laptop (not in my desired price range, but still). I am kind of a graphics snob since I have a very beefy desktop that I game from at home (also a Digital Storm product and I love it to death).

Comments:
I am really looking for advice and guidance as to how much I will get from the various models and levels for the laptops. I am more than willing to wait a bit longer to save for the next range and deal with a few extra laptopless trips if it means I can save a bit more and get more bang for my buck. At some point though, I'm really going to want I have that laptop with me as certain locations just plain suck.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I've already decided that DS will get my business but right now I am trying to determine as to when I should pull the trigger on the laptop.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply