FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me build a pc I’m sooo new :(

Post Date: 2020-06-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bros541 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bros541 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help me build a pc I’m sooo new :(
    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 5:27am
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Hey hockey I got a question I’m sooooo new to the pc master race world, and I’m trying to get my first beast pc for gaming/streaming, if you can try to make me a beast pc within the 2k or 2.2k that would be great, I just have no idea what I’m doing it would be a big help
Bros541 View Drop Down

Quote Bros541 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 5:45am
Budget:
2500 ore below

Expectations:
I want a beast of a rig for the little price I’m giving, and will last for 2-5 years

Usage:
I’ll be trying to use it for FPS games and streaming like COD,overwatch, or etc, it will be getting used multiple hours a day

Special Needs:
I want the specs to be as solid as possible but with some flashy lights if you guys can :)

Specifications:
If you guys can help me and try to make some solid builds and post the codes so I can check it out it will be amazing, like I said I’m a total noob, I was going to originally get a build with the i9 10900k with the basic (150$ graphic card) but I instantly knew that wasn’t a good idea I have some knowledge but very little please help :(

Edited by Bros541 - 15 Jun 2020 at 6:17am
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 8:27am
Take a look at this and see how you like it.

One Possible Build

If you are looking at a 2-5 year life this should do it. My one concern would be storage. How many games will you have on the storage devices at one time? Do you want an even faster NVMe card as storage set #1?

Also, do you need WiFi or Ethernet? That could also make a difference.

Anyway, now you can tinker with it or toss it away and create your own from scratch and you choose the case.   
Bros541 View Drop Down

Quote Bros541 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 8:51am
Originally posted by John18

Take a look at this and see how you like it.

One Possible Build

If you are looking at a 2-5 year life this should do it. My one concern would be storage. How many games will you have on the storage devices at one time? Do you want an even faster NVMe card as storage set #1?

Also, do you need WiFi or Ethernet? That could also make a difference.

Anyway, now you can tinker with it or toss it away and create your own from scratch and you choose the case.   

Thank you I will keep this build in mind :) and I will take speed and performance I think over space, this pc will be kinda a lot for me so I won’t spoil myself with games too much haha, also my internet box is in my room so I can easily do either or wired or wifi, I’m torn over the lumos because i believe it gives you more breathing room in the future, but the lynx is cheaper so I can get a better specs in, so I’m torn I will have to look into anyone builds if they help me to get a better idea like I said I’m a noob I had too look up what’s a NVME haha but thank you I will keep this build in mind :) and if you have any new updates builds or ideas let me know :)
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 9:31am
The following is very close to my build from 2 months ago. The CPU is a 9700K instead of a 10700K and a change in MB. You won't need the RTX-2080 Super. The 2070 Super will be just fine for you. However if you will possibly be adding things later you might want to go to the 850W power supply because that pretty much takes away the extra headroom for the 600W power supply. If this is just a 2-5 year purchase to be replaced at the end of that time, the 600W should be fine.

My Build
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 4:03am
This is what you want. John 18 was on the right track, he apparently started with another case and subbed in the Lynx. Thing is, the Lynx comes with its own lighted fans, so you don't have to pay extra. This is $2157 with the discount.

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3185801     
$2,357.00     $2,357.00

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lynx

Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K (5.1 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.8 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS / MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z490) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)

Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)

Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

99940     -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME BONUS DISCOUNT: $200

This has everything you need for high end gaming for AT LEAST 5 years. Most of us get more mileage than that out our DS rigs with just a video upgrade.

The CPU is faster than the top proc they sold here just 4 weeks ago. You will not need more for gaming for 6-8 years. You can overclock it if you want, but it really doesn't need it.

16GB of RAM is all you'll ever need.
The 850W power supply is all you'll ever need.
The Seagate Firecuda NVMe M.2 SSD is essential for the best response you can get from a system these days. About the size of a small pocket comb, it plugs right into a slot on the mobo and runs off the PCIe bus like RAM or a video card. It's up to 5 TIMES FASTER than the digital storm SATA SSD. It will hold your OS, your browser, a handful of apps, maintenance software (anti-malware, CCleaner for keeping junk off your SSD, anti-virus, though a very good one is built into Windows). There will be room for a bunch of games, but they don't have to be on this fast a drive.

THIS is the most important part!!! IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GET A HI-DEF 1080p MONITOR, YOU DO NOT NEED an RTX 2070 SUPER! As a beginner, I highly recommend you stay budget friendly and game at 1080p. I have been gaming on a 1080p monitor for 10 years with no disappointment yet. If you do that, you should get an RTX 2060 SUPER and save another $154. The same build with a 2060 is $2003. If you decide to go higher to 1440p, be prepared to pay over $500 for a monitor.

If you take my advice, DS offers a very good monitor right here. It's a 24" Asus (great brand) for $139. A 2060 SUPER and that monitor will have the system come in at $2142.

You get the preferred dual all-in-one sealed liquid cooler for the CPU

You get all the bling you could want with the fancy DS lights and internal light strip.

Questions?
Bros541 View Drop Down

Quote Bros541 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Cretae

This is what you want. John 18 was on the right track, he apparently started with another case and subbed in the Lynx. Thing is, the Lynx comes with its own lighted fans, so you don't have to pay extra. This is $2157 with the discount.

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3185801     
$2,357.00     $2,357.00

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lynx

Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K (5.1 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.8 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS / MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z490) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)

Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)

Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

99940     -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME BONUS DISCOUNT: $200

This has everything you need for high end gaming for AT LEAST 5 years. Most of us get more mileage than that out our DS rigs with just a video upgrade.

The CPU is faster than the top proc they sold here just 4 weeks ago. You will not need more for gaming for 6-8 years. You can overclock it if you want, but it really doesn't need it.

16GB of RAM is all you'll ever need.
The 850W power supply is all you'll ever need.
The Seagate Firecuda NVMe M.2 SSD is essential for the best response you can get from a system these days. About the size of a small pocket comb, it plugs right into a slot on the mobo and runs off the PCIe bus like RAM or a video card. It's up to 5 TIMES FASTER than the digital storm SATA SSD. It will hold your OS, your browser, a handful of apps, maintenance software (anti-malware, CCleaner for keeping junk off your SSD, anti-virus, though a very good one is built into Windows). There will be room for a bunch of games, but they don't have to be on this fast a drive.

THIS is the most important part!!! IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GET A HI-DEF 1080p MONITOR, YOU DO NOT NEED an RTX 2070 SUPER! As a beginner, I highly recommend you stay budget friendly and game at 1080p. I have been gaming on a 1080p monitor for 10 years with no disappointment yet. If you do that, you should get an RTX 2060 SUPER and save another $154. The same build with a 2060 is $2003. If you decide to go higher to 1440p, be prepared to pay over $500 for a monitor.

If you take my advice, DS offers a very good monitor right here. It's a 24" Asus (great brand) for $139. A 2060 SUPER and that monitor will have the system come in at $2142.

You get the preferred dual all-in-one sealed liquid cooler for the CPU

You get all the bling you could want with the fancy DS lights and internal light strip.

Questions?

Yes this looks great and Very in depth guild I’m just torn because I seen a prebuild pic from ********* and the model is # BB973 and it’s going for 1.8k looks like a solid build (if you can send feedback it would be great) also so you suggest with your build is that, if I have a less expensive monitor go for the 270 super gpu instead of the 260, but if buy the ASUS monitor here swap it out the 270 for the 260 gpu ?

.. removed competitor's name...

Edited by Snaike - 16 Jun 2020 at 7:01am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 7:11am
This is Digital Storm. Your computer will be built to order, and tested rigorously to see that nothing fails. The one you're looking at is older, built on an assembly line, and likely not stress-tested at all. You should check out the complaints/ reviews concerning build quality and especially customer service from that other company.

No, the 2070 SUPER is more than you need, and a waste of money unless you get a VERY EXPENSIVE 1440p monitor. I don't recommend you do that. You can get any 1080p monitor you want that will play every game beautifully with a 2060 SUPER. I suggest the one here because it's an Asus, it has great features, and it's priced very right for your budget. See it here:

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VP248QG/
 Post Reply Post Reply