FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me build a rig please?

Post Date: 2013-02-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
theredmatter View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote theredmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help me build a rig please?
    Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:37am
Hey guys. Well it's sad to say but my computer died on me. I have a baby on the way, and I work a lot. Soon enough my wife is going to be working and making good money as well. So I am going crazy, saving up what little money that I can so that I can get my new gaming rig together. I usually bought the minimum but I have a pretty good graphics card now that I was able to save.

PNY XLR8 Performance Edition Geforce GTX 660 2048MB GDDR5 | DIRECTX11 | SLI | PHSYX | 3D VISION

It's a good card, not the GREATEST, but for now it will last me a good while till I decide I can save up for a card that rounds up to maybe 400 dollars and above.

I need help buying a system from Digital Storm, that isnt the most INSANE computer ever, but something that will run on ultra settings, run at good frames for the none picky person, and wont heat up on me. I heard GREAT things about liquid cooling, but I dont know if I want to go down that path. Please help me out Digital Storm. I need your advice, on a RIG I can guy from you guys. That can help a dude on a budget, but I could also wait and save up a lot of cash even if it takes me a couple years. I just want, to have, the best gaming experience I can have on a PC for once!

Thanks much!

(If you have anything to say about the graphics card I would love to hear it! I want to know what hard ware I got and if its worth keeping for long)
What in the *^%&

Quote theredmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:39am
GET*! 
What in the *^%&
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:55am
Hi theredmatter..     Need to know your budget$$, what your monitor/s resolution and the games you play.

For starts, check out the ODE line under Special Ops.  Good bang for the buck.

Lots to pick from.
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 9:28am
Just to note that the Vortex Radiator coolers aren't true water cooling so they require no maintenance but if the pump quits or if something leaks it requires replacement of the whole cooler. Real water cooling i believe is stage 3 and up
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12

Quote theredmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 12:28pm
Well I would like to keep my gaming at 1600x900 resolution. Single monitor. I dont need like 3 monitors. thats over kill in my opinion. My budget is about maybe 1500 dollars. if I was to REALLY save . . .

I was just considering going to Tigerdirect, buying my self a decent asus motherboard, a good power supply, a AMD fx processor running at 4.10 GHz unclocked, and about 8 gigs of ram. But I dont know! I dont want to buy parts and then ahve the computer die on me from me not looking into all precautions.
What in the *^%&

Quote theredmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 12:28pm
Knowing me I will get to impatient and want to buy the PC I can get as soon as I get the money. But I do want quality for the first time ever. No more crappy not able to handle ultra graphic settings pc for me.
What in the *^%&
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 12:54pm
For your budget and monitor I would suggest one of DS's prebuilt systems.   Very good bang for the buck.

The Marauder 3 with gtx660Ti or Bolt 2 with gtx660 like yours will play real nice.

Here's a link comparing the graphic cards.   

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/660?vs=647

Hope this helps you decide.   Alot of us have built before but it is nice having a company like DS and their excellant build and support we can depend on.

Edited by bprat22 - 28 Feb 2013 at 12:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply