FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help on 1st gaming PC build

Post Date: 2019-09-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChaosX View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChaosX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help on 1st gaming PC build
    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:39pm
Budget: $7000

Expectations: Monster PC that will last for a couple years that i can upgrade myself when future upgrades come around and will smoothly perform with any game or task i throw at it.

Usage: Some 4k Gaming! VR gaming, Music and Voice editing,

Special Needs: a STABLE smooth performing computer that can take all current games at high settings with no major issues.

Digital Storm (Config # 2579691)
$6,780.00

Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)

System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)

Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power)

Storage / Connectivity
Expansion Bay: External USB Digital Media Card Reader

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)

Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (4TB Western Digital - Ultrastar Data Center Edition)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)

HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)

HydroLux Fluid Color: Green Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)

Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)

Chassis Fans: Standard LED Performance Fans (White) Fans

Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores

Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 4 Year Limited Warranty (4 Year Labor & 2 Year Part Replacement)

If there's anything anyone would recommend changing or adding please let me know. There's still a lot of the options i don't quite understand how they would improve my build one of such would be the air flow control upgrades, and the SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance) in comparison with the SSD (1TB Samsung 860 PRO).
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:00pm
Welcome to the forum ChaosX!

Nice Aventum X build. Green my fav color too!   Good you upped the Parts warranty to 2 yrs.    Great selections of CPU, GPU, and cooling.   Suggestions.....

I should mention that when we do hear of leaks on the forum, it’s usually hard line tubing not handling the shipping bumps and drops very well.    It’s quite inflexible, so it isn’t very forgiving to bumps or movement.   It’s also harder to do normal maintenance around the hard tubing, and we generally suggest using flexible tubing for fewer issues.
Hard line looks cool, and lots of them do arrive without problems but just be advised...lol.

Nothing at all wrong with the MSI Godlike mobo, but you would also be perfectly fine using the -$300 less expensive Asus ROG Maximus Hero XI .    The MSI board is a bit overpriced in my opinion, but both are top of line motherboards with all the goodies.   

Yep the Drive 1 Samsung M.2 NVME Plus model is the newer model and it reads and writes faster than the Pro model.     M.2 NVME drives are 5 x faster than SATA III drives.

I definitely suggest you do a Stage 2 Overclock on that excellent I9-9900K processor.     Intel makes the K & X Class processors to be fully Overclocked, and there is no better case on the freaking planet for max water cool everything than the Aventum X.     3 ginormous radiators, 14 case fans means max cooling safe performance!

Fans....In the Aventum X case with 14 fans...what fan you use kinda matters a bit more.     I would suggest the better quality Corsair LL Series RGB fan upgrade, or the top line Corsair ML Series RGB fan upgrade.     Both come with several Corsair Lighting Node Pro modules (junction units) to plug them into.     The LL fans have a dual light ring with 16 RGB LED’s for endless visual effects, while the ML have longer life magnetic levitation bearings but the 4 LED RGB single ring means far fewer light effects.    

Replace the DS Airflow board with the Corsair Commander Pro control board and they will plug all of the Lighting Node Pro modules into the Commander unit to centralize control and synchronization of all Corsair RGB items on the rig.     You would download Corsair iCue software to monitor and control fan performance and RGB lighting effects all in one convenient interface. DS will probably do this for you anyway.

Good top of line build!   
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 4:16am
Agreed. I, too just don't see all that $$ going for the Godlike. It's just not $300 better unless you are an overclocking guru. A lot of that money goes toward overclocking experimentation features and conveniences you'll never use. The best way to go HERE, is let DS handle your overclock. It's what they are experts in.

Get the Corsair Vengeance RAM for mere "pennies", (or the Dominator if you'd rather, but not needed) and you'll up your RAM warranty to Lifetime.
ChaosX View Drop Down

Quote ChaosX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 6:05am
Thanks for all the advise guys! I’ll probably drop the godlike for the Asus Motherboard, for this build. I was also considering investing more for the X series intel for the 4 dedicated GPUs capabilities in the case I want to later add more graphics cards , but is it even necessary? Also I know that X series doesn’t perform as good as the K series as far as video games go and the overclocking capabilities. What do you guys think? Would being able to have more graphics cards even out the drop in GHz and overclocking speed? Is it worth it at this time ? I
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 11:11am
Don't worry about the CPU...You are fine using the I9-9900K and it will OC very well.

The Asus mobo will allow you to add another GPU later on if desired, but you probably won't need another GPU.   These days a single GPU is more effective than a few years back. If you feel the need to really go overboard, 2 x GPU in NV Sync/SLI would be overkill for no more than +10-20% performance boost in only some titles that can scale well with SLI.   I bet one GPU will do the job...lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply