FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help please! Lol

Post Date: 2010-06-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WardTheSteak View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help please! Lol
    Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 3:48am
Damn I'm such nubsauce it's not even funny.  I was in my computer reseating my gpu's and the little slot holding the switch to reset the cmos memory fell down, and without thinking I flipped the little switch!  Ahhhh, so dumb so dumb.  So I boot up and immediately I get the CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded  Warning! CPU has been changed.  Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to save before quit!
Sata 0 : None
Sata 2 : None
Sata 1 : None

So I know I accidently reset my bios back to default settings Oops.  And, I went in to reconfigure the cmos setup, but it won't detect my two velociraptor hdd's.  Yet, it detects my 1tb hdd.  So I'm not to sure how to get my two hard drives set back up and then into raid 0 config.  So help would really be appreciated I have much to do. 

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 3:52am
This should be in technical assistance.  I'm moving it there.
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 9:00am
In the BIOS you will have to set the SATA's to RAID, default is IDE. should be able to load your BIS profile. if you need to get into the Intel RAID part this is how, but you should not need to.
Instead of tapping the del key to get into the BIOS hit ctrl I this will bring you into the Intel RAID setup.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 1:41pm
Okay, well I had another idiotic moment and one of the options was to press f1 to continue, and now when I turn the computer on it won't even appear on my monitor.  Also, do I have to set up the raid configs even though I load the profile?  And, how do I go about loading the profile?

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 7:59pm
So I Read about somebody who did the same thing as me by pressing the f1 button, and somebody told him he needs to disconnect his computer from the power and reset the cmos again and remove the battery for 5 mins then put it back in again.  I decided just to at least reset the cmos.  However, I went to the evga x58 manual and found that the cmos button is not the thing I messed with.  The button I flipped is on a silver slider that is in between my two gpus on the external panel of my chasis when screwed in.  It's a red switch, I have no idea what it is being that it is not in the exga manual, any ideas?  Also, I still haven't reset cmos and tried to boot back into windows, but I'm not sure if this is gonna work.  I just need to be able to boot my pc onto my monitor, so far I'm getting nothing.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 8:16pm
Well resetting the cmos worked and I can now boot to my monitor.  Also, it is picking up my two velocirapto hdd's now.  But, I am still getting the checksum error, how am I supposed to load my profile?  By loading defaults?

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 5:28pm
Soo nothing on what I can do? I just need to load my profile but I don't know how, I've searched around but haven't found anything relative.

Quote WardTheSteak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 7:21pm
Well... Nvm I figured it out, but now to fix the damn issue that made me go into my pc, and that's the blue screen of death.  It happened after deleting my gpu drivers, and now I can't even get into windows without safe mod.  I guess I'll just system restore, but I really don't feel like reinstalling a lot of stuff... Blah...
 Post Reply Post Reply