FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Please

Post Date: 2011-11-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JTH76 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JTH76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help Please
    Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 8:02pm
I've had my system for about 18 or so months. Enjoy it very very much. Last night, while I was using it, I smelled something like an ozone smell. My wife smelled it as well. Then, white smoke came pouring out of the case (through the empty bays in front). I obviously immediately shut the computer down (funny thing is it seemed to be working just fine through this process). The Ozone smell still lingers. I have opened up the case, but cannot find the culprit. Everything looks fine. No liquid leaks (I have liquid cooling), no black or scorch marks, etc. I sent an email to Tech Support this morning for help, since the system is still under warranty.

Any help here on a problem like this?

Thank You.
SDR View Drop Down

Quote SDR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 12:54pm
Have you tried running your PC with the side panel off so you can narrow down the issue?

The odd thing is you say your smoke is pouring out of the "front" of the case. Most systems are designed to pull air from the front and push out the back (possibly top and side.

Is this a system you built yourself?
i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz
Asus P6T-Deluxe
12GB OCZ Platinum 1600
GTX 480 SLI
Silverstone ST1500 PS
Raven 2 Evolution Case.
JTH76 View Drop Down

Quote JTH76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 4:01pm
Actually, it is a DigitalStorm built system, but all fans pull air INTO the case. The only exit are near the rear radiator and through the front grill. All fans are pushing air into the case. Tech support believes it is the motor for the liquid cooling system. Unfortunately, they are out of the motors I need, and won't be able to ship them out for about a week or so.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 12:48pm

@JTH76,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. I did respond to your order thread which appears to be the same/related topic. I'm glad that you were able to speak to our team about the issue and that we were able to pinpoint it and begin taking the steps to get this resolved.

The pumps should have arrived yesterday or early next week, we had them on back order with the manufacture for over three weeks! Frustrated
JTH76 View Drop Down

Quote JTH76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 2:48pm
Thanks Alex! The Tech Support guy said to call back next Thursday, and order it then (something about the length of time a work order (RMA) could be kept open and active). So, if I request it next Thursday, hopefully I'll have it shortly thereafter. He wasn't quite sure which kind of system I had (me neither). Hopefully he was correct when he said I could change out the motors without draining the system -- not sure I'd want to try that on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply