FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!!!

Post Date: 2013-07-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Surdect View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Surdect Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help!!!
    Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 1:19pm
So for the past week my pc has been freezing up and then blue screens and so after trying to clean up my pc from dust and also with ccleaner and antivirus avast, it still didnt do anything. Then i tried reinstalling windows 7 and forgot to back up files so I'm starting fresh but now im still getting crashes and blue screens and freezes. All i did so far after reinstalling windows 7 was use the motherboard disk driver and at this point not even sure if everything downloaded properly. What is going on with my pc!? Evrything was fine till last week :(
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 1:27pm
You have the ODE correct?

Do you have an overclock on your processor? If so, you might try removing that and seeing if it is causing any issues.

Do the blue screens / freezes occur at any particular time? (Heavy gaming, reading disks, browsing internet, etc.)
Surdect View Drop Down

Quote Surdect Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 3:07pm
Before i did a fresh install, it would just freeze whenever i did stuff like watching youtube vids and playing games sometimes, mostly just random when i use applications and yes i have the ode, about a year and a few months, only last week or so it started giving problems and i think it is overclocked, not sure how to check or turn it off now that i did a reinstall of windows, and now it is still giving problems. When i log on, i try to use the WINDOWS button and it freezes or try to use google chrome and it freezes. Now it just freezes whenever i do anything and it keep telling me to reboot and then saying windows did not shut down properly
AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 4:18pm
Did you update your graphics drivers before the crashes started?
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 4:20pm
To turn off overclock tap delete key on boot and f5 to load defaults and f10 to save
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 4:59pm
If that does not help, please give us a call or send us a message under the "Request Help" link on our top menu, we'll help you out!
Surdect View Drop Down

Quote Surdect Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 7:07am
OK so pretty much my pc isnt working atm. I reinstalled windows 7 like i said but now its saying windows failed to start so i can't update my drivers to see if that was the problem or anything. Windows repair thing also doesnt work, just a black screen. At this point i can't do anything. I just want my pc to work, i already lost all my programs and such for not doing a back up like an idiot. >.<
AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 7:32am
What I would do is start by disabling your overclock.

Then you want to do a clean install with Windows 7.  (I don't know if this is the method you tried but give it a shot.)

If that works then go to the Motherboard manufacturers website and get your drivers from there.  Then get your GPU drivers from either AMD or Nvidia. 

If Windows 7 install doesn't work let us know.  Also, it would be helpful if you could post the entire specs of your pc.

Edited by AndydViking - 24 Jul 2013 at 7:34am
Surdect View Drop Down

Quote Surdect Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 7:53am
Nothing works atm. It wont let me start windows normally and the only other choice is windows repair which hasn't been working. I tried resetting bios and booting with the windows 7 disk to do a repair from there but it just goes strait to the error message giving me the same two options.
Surdect View Drop Down

Quote Surdect Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:00am
ok so i got my pc to go to the disk this time, should i do another reinstallation of windows 7?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:43am
If you can get to desktop then no need to reinstall, usually, but no guarantees.   Did you try to disable overclocking?

You could try the clean install AndydViking suggested to eliminate any conflicts or try some of this first.  Then try different video driver as suggested.  Drivers can play havoc on a system.

Unplug the rig, Open side panel and reseat all the connections to the motherboard, drives and the video card.  Reseat ram sticks. 

Reseat the video card.

If you've installed any new hardware then try removing them for now.  Have only the keyboard, mouse and monitor connected to see if anything changes.  PLug your rig directly into a wall outlet, bypassing any UPS or surge protector for now.

Download and run HWMonitor, free, and check temps for gpu and cpu cores while gaming.  If the cpu cores and the graphic card stay  below 80's in max column then the temps are good. 

Call DS if none of this helps.  It could be a lot of things. 

Edited by bprat22 - 24 Jul 2013 at 8:54am
Surdect View Drop Down

Quote Surdect Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 9:31am
I disabled it and still no luck after trying to reseat what i could. I tried to reinstall windows 7 and also tried to use the repair but they just get stuck and i have to reboot. Usually my temps were around 60's when it was working so i might have to give DS a call

Edited by Surdect - 24 Jul 2013 at 9:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply