FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! What makes the Vanquish 5 best so great?

Post Date: 2016-05-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GeckoGuy528 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GeckoGuy528 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help! What makes the Vanquish 5 best so great?
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 2:53pm
What is so great about the vanquish 5 best. Is there another company that does the same thing except better, or is there another computer that is 1500 and is better? Help!
Purpletalon55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 May 2016 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by GeckoGuy528

What is so great about the vanquish 5 best. Is there another company that does the same thing except better, or is there another computer that is 1500 and is better? Help!

That is how digital storm ranks the various configs they sell on the webisite.

The best model has better hardware than the cheapest option if you go back and look you will notice this.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2016 at 4:23am

Hi GeckoGuy528,

Digital Storm makes great computers and backs them up with service and support. I don't know of any other boutique builder that does a better job or makes a better computer. There are cheaper computers out there but with a reduction in price you also get poor service and poor component selection. Many builders use unknown or generic parts. With DS you know exactly what you are getting in your build. Digital Storm sells performance and value for your investment. Please remember this is a Digital Storm Forum and we are here to help you buy your Digital Storm computer.

I suggest you tell us what you want to do with your new computer including the games you play, the performance you expect, your monitor resolution and your budget. They we can tell you the best DS computer that fits your requirements. The Vanquish computer line is designed to provide the best possible performance for the buck and your budget has a big impact on your choice.

Frank

Quote GeckoGuy528 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2016 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Purpletalon55

That is how digital storm ranks the various configs they sell on the webisite.The best model has better hardware than the cheapest option if you go back and look you will notice this.

I understand this, what I meant was is there another brand of computer by digital storm. Thanks!

Quote GeckoGuy528 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2016 at 6:58pm
I was hoping for a computer that is about 1500, I did realize that by posting here that I would probably be recommended a Digital Storm. But I was wondering which computer might be the best fit. I am looking for something that can game on the best settings possible for the budget and is vr ready. I am also planning on getting a 4k monitor. Although, I do also realize that this is going to take the general quality down from the game. My ideal goal is to play skyrim on a pc for 1500 with the best quality possible for a 4k monitor. Quiet would also be preferable.
Litespeed911 View Drop Down

Quote Litespeed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:35pm
For around $1500, Your best bet is build it yourself. To play at 4k level, you properly need a graphic card like GTX 980ti, Radeon R9 Fury x or better. These Graphic cards retails at around $600+ so that's already over 1/3 of your budget.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 12:51am

The short answer to your question is "no".

The Vanquish line (I have the Vanquish 2 Ultimate from 2014) is Digital Storms Budget line. I was on a very tight budget at the time and "Settled" for this machine. It's done everything I asked it to since then and passed with flying colors every test I've given it... at it's capabilities. I have never been more pleased with a purchase of any kind. That the company behind the machine is so focused on service is nothing but the cherry on the top of the sundae.

When I purchase my next machine it will be from Digital Storm. Although I'm currently not restricted so severely in my budget, I know that the machine that I will be getting will be giving me the best "bang for the buck".

So, if you want a really good budget computer, you can get one here that will run, and run well, for years... or you can build one yourself and take your chances.

Either way, the best advice I can give is not to try to buy a Ferrari at Ford prices.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 6:24am
Hi GeckoGuy528,

To hit your budget of $1500 your best bet is the Vanquish Level 3 for $1449 but it isn't adequate for 4K gaming except very low levels. Certainly not a good gaming experience with Skyrim. Even the Vanquish Level 4 is not what I would want to have for 4K. The fact is there is no single card GPU available today that is good enough for 4K at highest levels. The cheapest solution is dual GPUs but that is way above your budget. I am not sure that the motherboards used for level 3 or 4 is SLI capable.

For you $1500 budget your best choice is the Vanquish Level 3 and stay with a 1080 monitor. Another choice is the Level 4 and a 1440 monitor.

Frank    

Edited by FrankW - 05 May 2016 at 6:26am

Quote GeckoGuy528 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:15pm
Thanks abunch!
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 4:38pm

I was hoping for a computer that is about 1500, I did realize that by posting here that I would probably be recommended a Digital Storm. But I was wondering which computer might be the best fit. I am looking for something that can game on the best settings possible for the budget and is vr ready. I am also planning on getting a 4k monitor. Although, I do also realize that this is going to take the general quality down from the game. My ideal goal is to play skyrim on a pc for 1500 with the best quality possible for a 4k monitor. Quiet would also be preferable.
why do some people say you can play 4k with a single top end graphics card?  because you can by lowering the settings, but here's the rub: why on earth would anyone want to see lower quality better?  the settings in the game are designed to improve the image quality the higher you go, right?  higher monitor resolutions means more pixels on the screen at one time.  it's kind of like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

the other thing is this: everyone rages about max fps as the be all, end all.  well, it's not.  it's not even about average fps.  the really important number is minimum fps and frame rate drops/stutters.   and you will, even with the best high-end single graphics card and lowered settings, get frame rate drops below what is considered a pleasurable gaming experience (around 30+fps).  in addition to low fps, you will also get stuttering/freezes.  

perhaps, in the near future, there will be a single card combined with DX12 games that can provide a quality experience at 4k and beyond, but it's not here, nor do i expect consumer Pascal to be the answer either.  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote Litespeed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by db188

perhaps, in the near future, there will be a single card combined with DX12 games that can provide a quality experience at 4k and beyond, but it's not here, nor do i expect consumer Pascal to be the answer either.  

I believe Titan Z could do it but it's a dual GPU enclosed as single card. But it's a $3k++ Graphic card.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Litespeed911

Originally posted by db188

I believe Titan Z could do it but it's a dual GPU enclosed as single card. But it's a $3k++ Graphic card.
that's a single "card", yes, but the point is it's the same thing as having 2xsli, but only utilizing one PCIe x16 slot.  it's not one, ultra powerful gpu, capable of handling 4k+ by itself.
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote Litespeed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 8:23pm
^^ actually it's so thick that it takes up 3 slots but only utilizing one PCI slot and it's not sli. Technically it's still consider as a single card since you stated no single card could handle 4k.   

Edited by Litespeed911 - 05 May 2016 at 8:41pm
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:57pm
you're arguing semantics dude.  for all intents and purposes they function in the same way as two separate cards.  don't cloud the issue for people who wouldn't know better reading this.  two gpu cores on the same pcb are separate entities.  they don't magically combine for double the VRAM and processing power.  you won't get any more performance out of a dual gpu card than you will out of 2xsingle gpu cards in sli.  in fact, you might get less, because two gpu cores are sharing the same x16 PCIe slot, rather than two single occupying individual slots in an x8/x8 config.  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote Litespeed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 May 2016 at 11:18pm
That's a no brainier Sli vs dual GPU ...I never said that a dual GPU is better performing.

Anyway a budget of $1500, you still need to factor in a monitor that could keep up with the powerful graphic card...refresh rate, response time and the resolution.

Edited by Litespeed911 - 05 May 2016 at 11:52pm
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:06am
well, thanks for showing up to troll me then for using the words "single card" instead of "single gpu" in my original post.  you've contributed so much to this threadConfused%20Wink
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote Litespeed911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 May 2016 at 12:21am
you know you still can play 4k with a single powerful gpu graphic card..EVGA 980ti kingpinOC   

Edited by Litespeed911 - 06 May 2016 at 12:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply