FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Aventum X Configuration

Post Date: 2023-08-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
darkplayground View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote darkplayground Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help with Aventum X Configuration
    Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 6:36pm
Budget:
10k or less

Expectations:
Top end gaming PC and show piece

Usage:
AAA Gaming Titles. Star Citizen, Cyberpunk, Jedi Survivor, Hogwarts, etc @4k

Special Needs:
It just needs to be beautiful. This is a show piece for my office. I've built pretty much every gaming rig I've ever had since 1997 and I'm just exhausted. I work all day on a Mac and I just want to sit down at a beast of a rig that's beautiful and powerful and play whatever I want.

Saved Ticket #: 4735222

Specifications:
Aventum, AMD 7950x 32gb ram, 1tb samsung SSD, 4090, full water cooling with hardline tubes for cpu and gpu

Thank you in advance for your help. I've languished in console and mac land for the last decade or so so i am out of touch with the PCMR. Any insight you can give would be helpful. I don't really care too much about saving money but I obviously don't want to needlessly waste money if a certain part I chose will be useless. I tried to be as realistic as possible with the parts. The only potentially useless thing I think I added was the hard line water cooling lol. In a case with a dozen fans it might be unnecessary.

Also, I noticed in many of the reviews the front of the case was painted with automotive paint. It looks like they aren't doing that anymore? Such a bummer. If anyone knows how to get that done or to change the case color at all that would be amazing. I'm kinda tired of all black or silver cases.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 4:36am
AMD is the wrong processor for gaming. Over the last four generations, CPU performance has vastly outpaced gaming's need for any heavy processing. The GPU has the lion's share of the load. An Intel i5 is plenty, but I don't think you want to hear that. Here's the compromise:

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-13700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-9-7950X/4137vs4133

Pair it with the ASUS Z790 and the 32GB of DDR5 6000MHz RAM you selected. No more will do any good.

A 13900k brings way more heat, power consumption, and a theoretical 2% more for a lot more money.

Other than that, you're very light on storage, I suppose you will be importing some? You might look at the 2TB Samsung 980.

Ditch the "OS Boost". Total waste.

Hope it helps
darkplayground View Drop Down

Quote darkplayground Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 8:32am
Awesome! That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you so much.

I know you probably don't know but after reading some posts in this forum it seems like it might take a really long time to receive the system after ordering. Is there any way to know how long it might take to order the system we're talking about here?

When buying this my choices kinda boiled down to either this one, or a ******** Rush and the Aventum won out due it looking way better imo, but it does seem like ******* is quite a bit faster with building and shipping.

... As Tidgxor says, "DS has a.. slightly overbearing policy about mentioning competitors' names on their forums" ... Competitor's name removed as a professional courtesy.

Edited by Snaike - 04 Aug 2023 at 2:01pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 11:17am
DS has a - in my opinion - slightly overbearing policy about mentioning competitors' names on their forums, so it's difficult for me to address that other system directly. That said, be sure not to take any custom builder's stated time-frame on their website at face value unless it's a hard guarantee. DS's estimate has been inaccurate for some time now, but it's also just an estimate. I did a quick search of the other brand you mentioned and found recent posts from people also talking about extended lead times. You may have done that, but just a bit of a suggestion if you haven't.

As for DS the best thing you can do would be to call DS and speak with them directly. Share your concerns and see what they say. They might not offer much more than the Configurator, but they're also going to know way more about their current timelines than we do on the forums. As for the paint, you could ask them about that at the same time. It's not something that comes up much on the forums so I don't know if they still have the physical setup to do that or not.
JamesAstro View Drop Down

Quote JamesAstro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 11:21am
If you're looking for a showcase machine, then nothing beats the Aventum!

However, please keep in mind that it's not a very practical machine. I had one for several years, and I loved it. However, it weighed more than 100 lbs. Make sure you have a friend to help lift it onto your desk. You can also keep it on the floor, but not under a desk, because it won't fit. It's quite tall.

Anyway, I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but I just wanted to warn you about the size and weight.
Velox, Intel Core i9 11900K, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
32GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME
RTX 4090, 38" Ultrawide LG-38GL950G
Noctua NH-D15S cooler and NF-A14 fans, Corsair AX1600i PSU
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 4:35pm
You're very welcome!   
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2023 at 3:43pm
Welcome to DS. Awesome
The Aventum is a beast. I have no opinion on AMD products or configurations in general. That said, get some extra coolant for regular fill ups. The level in the reservoir will go down very slowly but it will go down and you'll need to refill at some time. 

Enjoy.
Smile 

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 9:28am
Our ship times are not too far off, there are some builds that are taking longer, but the majority are not, hence why we have the ship times currently reflected on the website.

It's tough to gauge, because, usually, the customers that have issues or delays are the ones that are on the forums writing. If all of our orders were delayed, we would be flooded with posts from our customers.
 Post Reply Post Reply