FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with new build

Post Date: 2019-08-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vlad64 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vlad64 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: help with new build
    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 3:23pm
Hello everyone,

Im a bit of a computer noob and i was would appreciate help from you experts on my computer configuration. Ill be using the computer for work (no games) and i have maxed out all the specs but i was wondering if i needed to spend more money on my extreme cooling system because i just picked the most basic one. Any help is appreciated

Budget: about 10k

Saved Ticket #:2512372

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX (32-Core) (Boost Up to 4.2 GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING (Wi-Fi) (AMD X399 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) (ECC Support)
System Memory: 128GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 3: 4x Storage (6TB Seagate / Toshiba)
RAID Config: RAID 0: Striping: Performance, But No Data Fault Tolerance (Requires 2 Identical HDDs) <br><strong></strong>
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 7:19pm
Welcome to the forum vlad64!

So you have a strong maxed out professional build here, excellent Ryzen 32 core CPU, solid Asus Strix motherboard, taking advantage of both fast M.2. NVME SS Drive slots for Drives 1 & 2, with 6 SATA III HD RAID 0 Drive 3, and the very best 128 GB Corsair Dominator RAM, solid midrange RTX 2070 Super GPU....(you could game just fine with that GPU when no one is looking...lol) and even though the CPU wont get Overclocked, it still does get very hot when pushed and I do think you should consider improving cooling in the rig.    Prolongs the life of your CPU.    Corsair H115i AIO no maintenance 280mm CPU cooler would be a better choice and it carries a longer 5 yr warranty.     I would also recommend you step up your case fans to the excellent Corsair LL or top ML Series fan upgrade for longer life and better airflow inside your Velox case...again with better performance and longer Corsair warranties.   

What kind of work will this Velox beast be doing with all those cores and RAM..?
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:50am
Welcome to DS vlad64.

That's a serious number's cruncher! Wow

It will perform any tasks very fast indeed. HockeyBuck has you covered with the hardware. Awesome

Just so you know, the AIO rad on the Velox usually comes mounted on the front (incoming ambient air, puts  cpu warmed air inside the case) but you can also have it mounted on the top (incoming interior case air, puts cpu warmed air outside case). Your choice if it matters. Don't think the RTX cards are reference (hot air out the case) so they will be adding hot air to the inside of the case. They will be placed on top of the cpu since the Velox has a right facing window and the mobo is mounted upside down.
Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 07 Aug 2019 at 8:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply