FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

!!!HELP!!! with new PC configuration.

Post Date: 2020-06-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BetancourtG View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BetancourtG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: !!!HELP!!! with new PC configuration.
    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 10:44pm
Budget:
[$6500]

Expectations:
[Dual monitor gaming/streaming]

Usage:
[FPS gaming/streaming Call of Duty Warzone]

Special Needs:
[PC will be uses for gaming/streaming/editing streamed videos]

Ive been going back and forth from a Velox and Aventum X build. Same core components just different cases. also, with the aventum build you get the hydro cooling. The reason behind the Aventum is because its more aesthetically appealing to me.

A few questions i have.
1. about the system storage 1 and system storage 2. Whats the best option?

2. Whats the thoughts behind engineering?
H20: Stage 1: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Single Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance) or

H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)

is one better than the other?

I dont mind spending the money up front for a nice system that will last a few years.

Any input will be much appreciated . Thank you!

Saved Ticket #: [3187824]

Specifications:

Specifications: price $5,520
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-10900K (5.3 GHz Turbo) (20-Thread) (10-Core) 3.7 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XII Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z490 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (1x Board)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, 6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

The Aventum X model price is 6963. Difference is hydrolux cooling.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 3:59am
You don't need a monster system to do what you want it to. If that's what you want to spend on, have fun, but if your just throwing $$ around, you should know your system will become yesterday's news really fast.

I never recommend custom liquid cooling because it's unnecessary to keep your parts well within safe temps, but also because TO ME, it's a royal pain. Keep in mind, it's mostly for looks, it can leak, and it can break down. It's not user friendly. You have to top off the coolant, and drain and flush the entire thing sometimes. The temp benefits are small and unneeded. This is MY OPINION. Lot's of folks disagree, but I just want to use my gear, not lovingly maintain it. You can order hydrolux cooling in the Velox if you want to.

You might consider a 500GB NVMe SSD for primary drive. I like to do that because you will often have to scan that drive for malware, adware and viruses, etc., and the smaller drive performs those scans really quickly. If you are going to get a 2TB NVMe for secondary storage, you will have plenty of the fastest storage around.

I have to wonder why the 2080 Ti. If you're planning on gaming and streaming in 4K, you should know that it's just barely able to run a lot of games above 70 fps, and ray tracing enabled brings that down. The next gen due in September will be substantially better, making this pretty huge investment obsolete in just 3 months. If you're planning 1440p, a 2080 SUPER is way stronger than your minimum need, and so, won't be at all lame when September comes. you could easily do your thing on that card for several years.

Quote BetancourtG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:46am
Thank you for your response. Very helpful

Looks like ill stay with the standard cooling.

H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)

what brand hard drives to you recommend for main storage 1 500gb. i was looking at either the

1. 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
2. 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express)
3.1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express)

same goes for storage 2.

1. 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
2. 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)

any thoughts on these or do you recommend something different?

Thats good to know about the 2080ti and the new 3080 coming out. yea i wont be playing 4k. 1440 is what ill do. ill make the change to 2080 super and look to upgrade when the 3080 comes out.

As far as the rest of the setup do you see any other changes needed or is it solid?

Thank you Cretae for all you input. Last thing i wanted to do was spend the money just for it to be obsolete soon.   

Quote BetancourtG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Cretae

You don't need a monster system to do what you want it to. If that's what you want to spend on, have fun, but if your just throwing $$ around, you should know your system will become yesterday's news really fast.

I never recommend custom liquid cooling because it's unnecessary to keep your parts well within safe temps, but also because TO ME, it's a royal pain. Keep in mind, it's mostly for looks, it can leak, and it can break down. It's not user friendly. You have to top off the coolant, and drain and flush the entire thing sometimes. The temp benefits are small and unneeded. This is MY OPINION. Lot's of folks disagree, but I just want to use my gear, not lovingly maintain it. You can order hydrolux cooling in the Velox if you want to.

You might consider a 500GB NVMe SSD for primary drive. I like to do that because you will often have to scan that drive for malware, adware and viruses, etc., and the smaller drive performs those scans really quickly. If you are going to get a 2TB NVMe for secondary storage, you will have plenty of the fastest storage around.

I have to wonder why the 2080 Ti. If you're planning on gaming and streaming in 4K, you should know that it's just barely able to run a lot of games above 70 fps, and ray tracing enabled brings that down. The next gen due in September will be substantially better, making this pretty huge investment obsolete in just 3 months. If you're planning 1440p, a 2080 SUPER is way stronger than your minimum need, and so, won't be at all lame when September comes. you could easily do your thing on that card for several years.

Thank you for your response. Very helpful

Looks like ill stay with the standard cooling.

H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)

what brand hard drives to you recommend for main storage 1 500gb. i was looking at either the

1. 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
2. 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express)
3.1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express)

same goes for storage 2.

1. 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
2. 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)

any thoughts on these or do you recommend something different?

Thats good to know about the 2080ti and the new 3080 coming out. yea i wont be playing 4k. 1440 is what ill do. ill make the change to 2080 super and look to upgrade when the 3080 comes out.

As far as the rest of the setup do you see any other changes needed or is it solid?

Thank you Cretae for all you input. Last thing i wanted to do was spend the money just for it to be obsolete soon.   

Quote BetancourtG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Cretae

Here is the revised build

Configuration Code: 3189124
Total Price with Instant Savings: $4,796.00

with the $400 discount total is $4,376

Thoughts?

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-10900K (5.3 GHz Turbo) (20-Thread) (10-Core) 3.7 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XII Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z490 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair ML PRO Series (High Static Pressure) (Magnetic Levitation)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (1x Board)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system <br><strong></strong>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, 6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm
I think that is a pretty solid build. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that Intel has gone on record to say that the LGA 1200 socket will be supported for 10th and 11th gen CPUs. Aftewards, Intel will has publicly announced that they will transition to a new socket and consequently new motherboard.

The 10900K tied with the high end Asus Z490 will no doubt meet your needs for the next few years.

https://www.techspot.com/news/85081-intel-alder-lake-12th-gen-cpus-rumored-use.html
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:00am
Congratulations.
That is a very nice and strong system. No need to Boost OS.
Enjoy.
Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 3:44am
If you were on a tighter budget, I could recommend the Firecudas at the lower price point. That's not your case, and no one in recent years has beaten Samsung for reliability There's a technical, but not any real world performance difference, between the 970 PRO and the 970 PLUS, so you could get either one. the 2TB NVMe for secondary storage is a power user's dream come true.

Agree with hoserator, we don't even know what the OS "tweak" does. It's a throwback to when systems came with only 1 or 2 GB of RAM, so DS could tweak Windows XP or 7 to free up a little RAM.

I don't think you should be in any rush to upgrade the 2080 SUPER. Take your time and see how it performs what you're doing. If you're happy with it there'll be no need to change right away. Perhaps a year, year and a half in, they'll release some SUPERs like they did with the 2000 series.

Super system, I think you'll really like it!

Quote BetancourtG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:09am
Thank yall both for the information. Im getting closer to closing the deal. The last 2 question i forgot to ask is about.

1. graphics boost Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability. This option is a no charge right now.

2. CPU boost.
   *Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores- this option is a no charge
   * Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores- this option is $99

Should i do any of these options?
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 1:03pm
Might as well do the stage one CPU overclock since you are getting a K series chip.

Worse case if you decide you do not want it you can call DS and they can walk you thru removing the overclock.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 1:55pm
I personally wouldn't do the GPU overclock. I have an i7-9700K with Stage 1 OC with a 2080 GPU card. I am cranking out 140 or so FPS at 144Hz in Overwatch and CoD:MW at 75 or so degrees.

The other difference is that I have one 1TB Firecuda 520 and a 3TB HDD (that I largely use for image backups). You could get the 500MB Firecuda in Slot 1 and then also have the 1TB Firecuda in Slot 2.

I totally understand Cretae's logic.

BTW you do know that the Velox open's on the right side of the computer as you look at the front, correct?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:52am
The GPU overclock is quite mild, so it doesn't do that much for performance. It does increase heat in the card, sot he fans will spin up louder and more often. if you like quiet, I wouldn't get it.

The CPU is kind of a coin flip for gaming IMHO. On the one hand, the chip is designed for it, on the other hand, gaming is a highly variable workload mostly on the first core only, which turbos all the way to 5.3 GHz whenever needed. That's plenty strong as is. Your usage includes editing which will benefit from the constant increase in the CPU base clock. So: gaming, it's just not needed; more constant workloads, the free Level One is very safe on the liquid all-in-one cooler.

Quote BetancourtG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:32am
Thanks everyone for the very helpful information. ive placed my order.Now its time for the waiting game. 6 weeks. Ill definitely post a review once i receive it. Again, thank you very munch.   
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 3:56am

The Verified Customer badge comes from having the e-mail you ordered with and the e-mail address you registered with the Forum are an exact match. Happy Trails!

Quote BetancourtG Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 1:43pm
Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply