Post Date: 2019-03-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dyang0307 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dyang0307 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help with set up
    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:49pm
So I have my own graphic card. How would this work if I dont want to buy theirs and my set up has cooling gpu+cpu? Or like do i ship you guys my gpu? Or do I do it myself when it ships to my house? How does it work?

Spec build

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Blanco White
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000 (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): (No thank you)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 1 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds Only)
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:43pm
Welcome to the forum Dyang0307!

You will have to ask DS if they would do that.   
Makes it very difficult for DS to properly stress test and evaluate your system and flesh out any problems.   They can’t exactly evaluate your custom water blocks fit on your video card or it’s cooling function at load, can they.    That said, It’s just a coolant loop to a waterblock designed to fit your video card that you tell them you already own.   Just noticed you chose hard line tubing...not helpful...how do they size that to fit without your card?   BTW most leaks we hear about are with inflexible hard line tubing... recommend flex tubing, add quick disconnect fittings and a drain valve.

They could do this I think if you sent them your video card...not sure they will want to.    Lots can go wrong with doing things this way.

Edited by HockeyBuck - 02 Mar 2019 at 8:12pm
Dyang0307 View Drop Down

Quote Dyang0307 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:42pm
I have a 2080ti founder edition. If they can make this work I'll def buy this set up. If not I'll go a cheaper route.and thank you for the advice. I'll go flex tubing. This is my first water cooling set up so I don't know much so thank you
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:33pm
A couple comments on proposed build here. You have overkill on some things...that’s absolutely ok long as you are well aware of that and can afford it.   Plenty of us here do the same.

Not sure what you plan on doing with this rig, but for gaming 16gb RAM would be all you would really need.   Strong Asus Hero motherboard.

Don’t think you will want the noise suppression selection in a water cooled overclocked rig...Kinda counter productive....you chose excellent Corsair LL Series RGB fans and you should probably want maximum fan performance for best cooling of your overclocked CPU and GPU...not dialed down to quiet a rig.   Won’t be very noisy anyway with your GPU fan removed for a waterblock.

Be aware that if this is a gaming rig, and cash is tight...performance of the top 8-core i9-9900K CPU and the next best 8-core 8-thread
i7-9700K would be about even in gaming.   The main difference is Hyperthreading...the i9-9900k uses Hyperthreading to get 16 threads...something gaming doesn’t take advantage of...both will overclock very well.   Could save you a few bucks going with the also excellent i7-9700K CPU if you are only using this build for gaming.   

You also have more than enough power with the nice Corsair 1000w PSU...you would still have plenty of power using the 850w or 750w with just one RTX 2080 Ti FE.

Just some things to consider before ordering...
Dyang0307 View Drop Down

Quote Dyang0307 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:39pm
This is mostly yes for gaming and streaming. Games like pubg,apex,r6, and overwatch. Ill reconsider your advice before ordering and talking to ds. Thanks!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:02am
hello Dyang0307 and welcome to the forums.

As far as building a PC with your own card... your best bet is to contact [email protected] and ask him directly. He is the man who gets things done.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 7:01am
Way too many things to go wrong here IMHO. I think the custom liquid cooling is very expensive overkill to begin with. (Bias disclaimer.) This way to go about it for a first timer just seems a mountain too high. It's not maintenace free, you know, whereas an AOI is....

Whatever you decide about that, you should know if you get the 860 EVO here, you're paying nearly 3x what it costs on Amazon ($152).
 Post Reply Post Reply