Post Date: 2008-08-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
t3a View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t3a Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: HI
    Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 4:04am
Hi i am new here and i have a few questions about digital storm. there is one gaming laptop i really want, the value and power, not to be disrespectful or anything, i googled this brand, i could not find any reviews or topics. so i would like to know more about this brand and the laptop they build. is it durable? can i upgrade my laptop? how long does the battery last? etc. 
gaming!!!!!!!!!!!!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 4:32am
Welcome aboard t3a. What DS does is build you a laptop customized to what you like, using brand name parts, its kinda like if you were gonna build your laptop, and knew what you were doing real well, instead of you tho, its DS doing it for you.

Because of this, the parts can all be upgraded.

As far as durable, they have 3 year warranty and I believe you have an option of making it 4 years.

Every part of the laptop will be covered under warranty.

They have great customer service and if things go wrong they have a history of setting it right.

If it helps you I'm a dell xps customer that was looking for a quality system that was upgradeable, which the xps is not.

My search on the internet of many, many sites has landed me here. I have found DS to be selling good quality products and really caring about the customer, and that you are happy at the end.

the batteries will depend on your system and the ability of the battery.

In short if you are looking for a place that would build a PC/laptop the same way you would, with the same parts you would use, for a great price, then you have finally landed in the right place.

Hope that helps, you will find everybody here is here for the same exact reason just like me and you, quality/service/peace of mind for the right price.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Aug 2008 at 4:34am
widdlecat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote widdlecat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Aug 2008 at 6:08am
Hi t3a! You probably won't see any reviews on their laptops as they have just recently made them available. I believe someone said they had done so in the past and stopped for some reason. One concern DSO addresses is upgradeability by using fairly standardised configurations with flexibility in mind. Tell DSO what you need from your computer and they can answer specific questions such as how long you can expect the batteries to last under different usage conditions. Honestly, if you're gaming the batteries won't last long without a recharge. For web surfing or writing, the time between charges will be much longer. Give em a call and see what they say! DSO is a legitimate business and as such will not lie to you about what they can do for you. Tell them what games you play and what else you want to do with your laptop and I'm sure they'll give you some options to consider.
wright View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wright Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 7:30pm
Welcome t3a....... all the above is great advice....I bought two desktops from DS and have not had any problems.....I would give them a call and talk to a tect person and tell them what you are looking for......
Hailstorm ll
i7 4770K OC
Z 87 Chip set
16 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
Stage 2 cool 240mm Radiator
GPU 1x GTX 780 3GB
Samsung 256GB SSD
1TB WD Caviar
Corsair 120mm performance fans
Sneakerz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sneakerz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 8:28pm
Welcome t3a. All of the above is excellent advice. I can tell you from personal experience, I have bought from all the major computer companies out there like Dell, Alienware, Ibuypower and Cyberpower. None have been as great as an experience as I've had with my Digital Storm computer. Give them a call and they will set you in the right direction.

Check out their BBB reviews. 10x better than the other major computer boutiques.
Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4.6
240GB Samsung SSD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Hybrid
Corsair Hydro H80i GT
 Post Reply Post Reply