FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

His first custom build

Post Date: 2019-09-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ADeLeon View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ADeLeon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: His first custom build
    Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 11:37pm
Well I ordered a PC for the husband. He let me have free reign and I might have went a bit overboard.

He wants to use for content creation and platform sharing as well as some game play in his down time.

I'm so excited he has no clue what the specks are only the brand and the final cost. Now I am all nerves while it is in stage 1.

here is what he will be getting
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: Digital Media Card Reader (Black) (Internal)
Optical Drive: External USB - Blu-Ray & DVD Multi-Drive (Burn + Play Blu-Ray & DVDs) (6x BD-R)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: Wired PCI-E ASUS XG-C100C (10 GbE) (1x RJ45 Connector)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Hi-Res) (Ultimate Audio Playback)
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Green Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: Microsoft Office 2019 Office Home & Business (PC Attach Key PKC Only, No Pre-install)
Mouse Pad: Digital Storm Premium Mouse Pad (Extra Large) (Full Desk) (Stitched Edges)
Display: MSI 24 inch MAG24C Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (1920x1080)
Surge Shield: APC 1500VA Uninterrupted Power & Surge Conditioner - BX1500M - (NOTE: Ships VIA Ground ONLY)
Speakers: Corsair VOID PRO RGB (Wireless) Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset
Keyboard: Digital Storm MasterKeys Lite Bundle (RGB) Keyboard & Mouse
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (

I'm so nervous cant wait for it to get here.

Edited by ADeLeon - 24 Sep 2019 at 11:48pm
ADeLeon
fjc320 View Drop Down

Quote fjc320 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 8:55am
WOW. 
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:40pm
Welcome to the forum ADeLeon!    I’m sure impressed by the wives here on the forum that are making great DS builds for the husbands....(must ask my Mrs to read up on some forum posts...lol.)

I think you made great selections for your Velop build on the top rated I9-9900K CPU, HydroLux Pro CPU + GPU cooling, the Drive1 Samsung M.2 NVME 500 GB SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB RAM (that’s a lot of solid RAM ), solid RTX 2070 Super GPU, and Corsair 850w Gold Efficiency PSU.    Great quality components!

If I were to suggest improvements you might make, here’s my choices. If any interest you, be aware that DS will work with any changes...just ask how much and what delay if any would be involved.

1). Motherboard.   The Asus Prime Z390-P is an entry level budget ATX mobo.    
As is these days the Realtek sound codecs on all Asus and MSI motherboards are of excellent quality with 7:1 channel High Def soundalready built in..no real need for the add on PCIE sound card.    If by chance he doesn’t find the sound meets his needs, plug & play sound cards are very easy to add later on.

For just + $99 more, the MSI Z390 Pro Carbon is a full featured ATX motherboard with WiFi built in right on the board.    You wouldn’t have needed the add on PCIE WiFi card or the PCIE sound card taking up PCIE slots.    Those savings could go towards other good things...

2). Let DS Stage 2 Overclock (+$99) that excellent CPU.     
You have the best possible HydroLux Pro CPU + GPU cooling in the build already!    
Get all of the CPU performance you are already paying for, that Intel designed into the excellent I9-9900 K CPU.    Intel’s K and X Class processors are engineered by Intel to be fully Overclocked, and DS are experts at Overclocking... with over a decade building Overclocked high end rigs for gaming and professional uses.   

3). Case Fans.    The better Corsair LL Series fan upgrade ($199) or the top Corsair ML Series fan upgrade ($219) would carry longer 2 yr and 5 yr manufacturer warranties and both would include a Corsair Fan control module that works with Corsair iCue Software to control fan speeds and design / control the RGB lighting on these fans.... The iCue software also will control RGB lights on the Corsair Vengeance RAM.    The stock DS parts of your build only carry the basic 1 yr parts warranty (unless you invest in a 2 or 3 yr DS parts plan).

That would be my take on tweaking the build...you are absolutely good to go as is, but should any of this be of interest to you then do talk to DS soon as possible for the least delay.   See what you think.....

Edited by HockeyBuck - 25 Sep 2019 at 2:48pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:06pm
Congratulations on a happy marriage. Your configuration is tops. The Velox is a DS exclusive design and with the Hydrolux Pro it will look awesome.Real nice. Excited
The above suggestions by HockeyBuck give you more bang for your buck by swapping certain items that are not really necessary (sound and WI-FI cards) for better performance (mobo and oc'ing) and quiet operation (fans).

Enjoy. Big%20Smile

BTW, just so you know, the Velox has the window on the right side facing the front of the pc and the mobo is upside down. The gpu will be on top of the cpu and also upside down. You can request a clear cooling block for the gpu so it will show great.
ADeLeon View Drop Down

Quote ADeLeon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Welcome to the forum ADeLeon!    I’m sure impressed by the wives here on the forum that are making great DS builds for the husbands....(must ask my Mrs to read up on some forum posts...lol.)

I think you made great selections for your Velop build on the top rated I9-9900K CPU, HydroLux Pro CPU + GPU cooling, the Drive1 Samsung M.2 NVME 500 GB SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB RAM (that’s a lot of solid RAM ), solid RTX 2070 Super GPU, and Corsair 850w Gold Efficiency PSU.    Great quality components!

If I were to suggest improvements you might make, here’s my choices. If any interest you, be aware that DS will work with any changes...just ask how much and what delay if any would be involved.

1). Motherboard.   The Asus Prime Z390-P is an entry level budget ATX mobo.    
As is these days the Realtek sound codecs on all Asus and MSI motherboards are of excellent quality with 7:1 channel High Def soundalready built in..no real need for the add on PCIE sound card.    If by chance he doesn’t find the sound meets his needs, plug & play sound cards are very easy to add later on.

For just + $99 more, the MSI Z390 Pro Carbon is a full featured ATX motherboard with WiFi built in right on the board.    You wouldn’t have needed the add on PCIE WiFi card or the PCIE sound card taking up PCIE slots.    Those savings could go towards other good things...

2). Let DS Stage 2 Overclock (+$99) that excellent CPU.     
You have the best possible HydroLux Pro CPU + GPU cooling in the build already!    
Get all of the CPU performance you are already paying for, that Intel designed into the excellent I9-9900 K CPU.    Intel’s K and X Class processors are engineered by Intel to be fully Overclocked, and DS are experts at Overclocking... with over a decade building Overclocked high end rigs for gaming and professional uses.   

3). Case Fans.    The better Corsair LL Series fan upgrade ($199) or the top Corsair ML Series fan upgrade ($219) would carry longer 2 yr and 5 yr manufacturer warranties and both would include a Corsair Fan control module that works with Corsair iCue Software to control fan speeds and design / control the RGB lighting on these fans.... The iCue software also will control RGB lights on the Corsair Vengeance RAM.    The stock DS parts of your build only carry the basic 1 yr parts warranty (unless you invest in a 2 or 3 yr DS parts plan).

That would be my take on tweaking the build...you are absolutely good to go as is, but should any of this be of interest to you then do talk to DS soon as possible for the least delay.   See what you think.....
ADeLeon
ADeLeon View Drop Down

Quote ADeLeon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:32pm
Some of these suggestions I did try and received error codes for compatibility. The others I will get in touch with DS about thanks
ADeLeon
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 1:20pm
Cool!   Let us know how it all goes for you!    
 Post Reply Post Reply