Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Hot Hardware: Editor's Choice - May 2012
    Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:16am

Originally posted by Digital Storm ODE Level 4 System Review

"Digital Storm's ODE line provides an alternative while simultaneously catering to impatient gamers of any budget, provided the budget begins at $1,515, which is the cost of a 'Level 1' (dubbed 'Good') system, and ends at $3,479, which is how much a Level 4 (Ultimate) system commands. In between are Level 2 (Better, $1,999) and Level 3 (Best, $2,399) configurations, all of which are pre-assembled with hand-picked components to get you fragging opponents as quickly as possible. Other than adding accessories such as a monitor or keyboard, there's nothing to configure. It's all been done for you, by Digital Storm, and each Level is supposed to represent the ideal combination at each respective price point."

View Review: http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Digital-Storm-ODE-Level-4-System-Review/

Edited by Alex - 16 Nov 2012 at 10:57am
Bobby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 1:04pm
Well written review.

The thing that impressed me the most was the following lines of the review:

On top of that, Digital Storm touts lifetime U.S.-based tech support, so there's no language barrier to deal with (provided you speak English relatively well) or someone on the other end of the line reading through a manual. There's value in all those things.

This is a well built system from a boutique builder that simply 'gets it.' Digital Storm is clearly one of the good guys; they're not out to rob you, they just build high performing PCs at a reasonable markup

This is precisely why I placed my first order with Digital Storm. I am willing to pay for honesty and fairness and great customer service. This has already been proven to me and I haven't even received my machine yet. Their accounting department worked with me when my bank screwed up the transfer, they happily changed my order over the phone when a new upgrade became available, and I was emailed to make sure I was happy with how I was treated.

That alone has incredible value to me and assures me that if my machine has issues, it will be dealt with promptly and fairly. Finding this level of honest support is hard to come by these days. I can truthfully say that Digital Storm will be my only source for machines in the future.

I'm not saying this for any other reason than all I have ever asked of anyone in any business is to treat me as a valued customer and treat me honestly. That has already been proven to me.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 1:24pm
Big%20Smile
pos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pos Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 5:48pm
Great review like alway's.Excited
the pos Loves His ODE3
Joe1016 View Drop Down

Quote Joe1016 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 11:12pm
What is the Windows Experience Index for the Ode level 2? I'm trying to talk my friend into buying from y'all but he is too lazy to compare any other way.
xii View Drop Down

Quote xii Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 7:29am
No offense meant but the windows index is just.. a poor poor rating.  You can get that rating to change on the same machine by running it over and over under different conditions.

DS really does sell the best computers around.  Look at the community - you don't see that elsewhere.
tju76 View Drop Down

Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 5:29pm
yeah lol i have my processor OC to 4.5Ghz and my windows index is 7.7 which is the lowest rated component and it says that is my CPU, lol
taw2015 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote taw2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:21am
Basing a score not on an average but on the lowest number of the several things rated is bizarre to say the least. I remember being on several forums discussing this idiocy of Microsoft's when it was first utilized, and the general consensus was the score ultimately was meaningless, especially since there was an upper limit of everything of only 7.9.
Learn history from the people who lived it via BBC Witness podcasts.
 Post Reply Post Reply