FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How am I doing folks?

Post Date: 2015-10-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chops0000 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Chops0000 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: How am I doing folks?
    Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:50pm
Am i going to have trouble with the liquid cooler for the CPU and the liquid cooler for the GPU?

Also, how can I find out if all the parts are in stock before i order?

1 more question, individual pricing on these components (some slightly better) adds up to about $900 less than buying pre-built here. Why should i go with Digital Storm?

All help/comments appreciated!

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING (Intel Z170 Chipset)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 2800MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB (EVGA HYBRID Edition)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 1:23pm
what do you mean by "trouble"?  they run off their own individual coolers/pumps/fans.  do you mean as far as case clearance? 

DS will let you know if they run out of stock and what the approx. additional build time will be. just email Alex directly: [email protected]

some people find "value" in the peace of mind that a boutique builder can provide by removing the anxiety/time it takes to build and troubleshoot an initial pc build.  additionally, DS does more than extend the manufacturer's warranty on components to its customers, they provide their own warranty on top of them.  they also provide life time customer phone support for tech issues.  unlike many boutique builders they actually offer some truly "custom" cases beyond just a fancy coat of paint.  beyond that, i think what separates them from some other boutique builders is from what i've observed lurking and interacting on these forums for a couple of years is that they have a willingness to acknowledge and learn from mistakes to both improve their internal efficiency as a business and make their customers happy.  they are very active on the forums and seem to genuinely care about their customer's satisfaction.  i say "seems" because i am currently having them build my first system with them, and it's quite a doozy of a build! 

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 2:32pm
If by trouble, you mean where the rads woukd mount, my guess, the Velox having a flipped mobo, the 240mm rad for cpu would mount against the inside front and the gpu's 120mm rad would mount under the top. The AIO coolers have a fixed hose length so that determines where it can go.

Edited by bprat22 - 02 Oct 2015 at 2:11am
jackbutler68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jackbutler68 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 8:54pm
I agree with what db188 said about DS. I am awaiting my first computer from them (its on the way!) and I also added up the parts if bought separately (although mine wasn't that big of a difference). I researched for several months before deciding and always found myself coming back here   

As far as your build goes, it looks pretty nice. I do believe I would trade out the graphics card for a 980ti strix edition. I believe it will stay pretty cool with the design of the card and the high airflow of the Velox case and you get the factory overclock.

Edited by jackbutler68 - 01 Oct 2015 at 8:55pm
My DS Slade..

Corsair Obsidian 550D
Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3GHz
GIGABYTE GA­X99­SLI
32GB DDR4 2800MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX
SSD 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB (ASUS Strix Edition)
 Post Reply Post Reply