FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I upgrade my lynx level 2 pc

Post Date: 2021-03-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mantoon124 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mantoon124 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: How do I upgrade my lynx level 2 pc
    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:55pm
I would like to upgrade to a RTX 2070 and 1x 8gb of ram

I don't know the specs of my pc (lynx level 2) but I really would like to play VR because I have a HTC VIVE Pro that I got for Christmas but I found out that my pc doesn't have the supported graphics card. (GTX 1650)

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 3:34am
How is it you don't have the specs of your PC? Don't you have your order #, confirmation e-mails, receipt, DS Notebook with your Certificate of Ownership, warranty, and packaging receipt? No mobo manual, or identification of any kind?

A Lynx level 2 motherboard will support those upgrades. You will need to have 2 matching 8GB RAM sticks for dual channel 16GB. If you have just one 8GB stick you will have to match it exactly. DS could tell you what to get if only you knew anything about the computer they sent.

As for the GPU, you buy it, take out the old one and replace it with the new one. If all this is way too much to handle, phone a friend, consult a computer store/ repair shop nearby, or just turn it over to The Geek squad at Best Buy. If you get the parts there, they may install them free or very reasonably.

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply