FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long did it take to receive your PC?

Post Date: 2021-03-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RBNFITNESS View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RBNFITNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: How long did it take to receive your PC?
    Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:41pm
Hello,

Just curious... I just made my order for a custom BOLT X and I’m curious... how long did it take you all to receive your custom PC? I am hearing horror stories of people having to wait over 3+ months... If I have to wait this long I rather just order a pre built model from Amazon.

Please share your recent experience.
BadWolf View Drop Down

Quote BadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 1:39am
I've always prided myself on my patience but I'd be lying if I said this journey hasn't been a test of it so far :)

Stage 1: 12/30
Stage 2: 3/4
Stage 3: 3/18
Stage 4: ......

Edited by BadWolf - 27 Mar 2021 at 1:52am
BW
Oldpcgamer View Drop Down

Quote Oldpcgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 6:11am
I ordered my computer on February 9th, 2021, and got it delivered on March 25th.

It was everything I hoped for and more.
Been playing games since Pong
TruBlueBangR View Drop Down

Quote TruBlueBangR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 2:47pm
My order started Jan 6, 2021.
Been @ stage 2 since March 9th.
I was really hoping by the End of March it would be on its way to me.

When I noticed my processor ETA changed to March I decided to hold out. R9 5950x are hard to come by.
So getting to stage 2 was a relief but I'm now getting impatient.

Rants about Prebuilt PC Market:

I got lucky with a MSI Aegis RS 10 prebuilt at $3200 at the end of January before the prices rose $1000+ for any 8 core+ processor and RTX 3090 combo across the web. The prebuilt required a better and higher rate PSU than the Mag750w, so it has a platinum Be quiet 1000w and truthfully the configuration of the fans and cooler had to be changed to lower Temps. The tower is aestically pleasing but does not allow for glass on to provide performance cooling to a 3090 without a gpu waterblock. All in all a prebuilts prices will rise a lot more when you get it home and have to customize it to reach expectations.

I want the world's most advance gaming computer builders to just square my main gaming rig away and my current will become my workhorse streamer for business and entertainment.

Rants about PC Market:

The PC market in general is rough, I cant even get two 1660 supers for my kids PCs that need a GPU for completion. I've waited for 6 weeks from that pc parts vendor to keep being told the price will be raising and the manufacture has not sent them to the business yet, followed by ETA another week. I'm about to cancel them and just buy a prebuilt with a 3070 for my son and a 2070 super gpu for her current build

Anyhow this is my build configuration number: 3805183

The main parts of my build are:

Asus Formula x570 MTB
Ryzen 5950x
RTX 3090
1200w Silverstone PSU
Hydrolux H20
1 TB FireCuda M.2 , 2Tb HDD, 500GB SSD

I want her so bad!!!!

Bl4ckwell View Drop Down

Quote Bl4ckwell Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 4:59am
Velox 5900x/3080 build

Stage 1 - 12/23/2020
Stage 2 - 02/24/2021
Stage 3 - 03/09/2021

Currently patiently waiting for stage 4, waiting on my cpu I'm told. At least the customer service has been good.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:26am
If you are concerned about your order, I would advise emailing the head of customer service Alex. You can get a line to him at [email protected]. You can also send a note to [email protected] who is just as helpful and knowledgeable.

Should you have technical questions, or issues, you would reach out to [email protected].

Each of these individuals would be more than happy to help you and set your mind at ease.

Quote TruBlueBangR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 4:25pm
I've spoken with Alex previously and he is very helpful. Anyhow, I hit stage 3 today, likely from his strong customer service skills.

March 30 Stage 3

I've seen the following stages move by fast just from forum studying. I appreciate everyone's help.

Quote RBNFITNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by TruBlueBangR

I've spoken with Alex previously and he is very helpful. Anyhow, I hit stage 3 today, likely from his strong customer service skills.

March 30 Stage 3

I've seen the following stages move by fast just from forum studying. I appreciate everyone's help.
Nearly 4 months....yikes... I should probably be expecting the same.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:07pm
New orders don't take that long, they are shipping within the estimations we have on our site which have ranged from 20 business days up to 35 business days.

Quote RBNFITNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Alex

New orders don't take that long, they are shipping within the estimations we have on our site which have ranged from 20 business days up to 35 business days.
Well that's a relief. Thanks Alex.
Bobman561 View Drop Down

Quote Bobman561 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by RBNFITNESS

Hello,

Just curious... I just made my order for a custom BOLT X and I’m curious... how long did it take you all to receive your custom PC? I am hearing horror stories of people having to wait over 3+ months... If I have to wait this long I rather just order a pre built model from Amazon.

Hello!

I ordered a custom Bolt X on February 26th and as of today, I'm still on Stage 1. My advice is to be patient haha good luck!

Quote RBNFITNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Bobman561

Hello,

Hello!

I ordered a custom Bolt X on February 26th and as of today, I'm still on Stage 1. My advice is to be patient haha good luck!
I'd consider that a recent order and you're almost 25 business days in. I'd be seriously surprised if my order gets shipped out based on estimate times listed.

I guess we'll find out.
Heathenson View Drop Down

Quote Heathenson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:39am
For both my wife and I's orders.
Stage 1 2/23
Stage 2 4/2

I think things will start moving for my wife and I now. Sure, its only stage 2, but forward movement is good.
Cattle die, Kinsmen die, A man himself Must likewise die; But the fair fame never dies For him who has earned it well
bravo99 View Drop Down

Quote bravo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:46am

Ordered on Jan30. Velox, 5950X, RTX 3080

Stage 1: Feb2

Stage 2: Mar12

No communications since Stage 2 notice.

I knew there would be a delay due to the 5950x, but….

Digital Storm is helping me to learn patience.

My son was going to buy his new system from a big-boxr supplier and I persuaded him to also buy from Digital Storm. He's still waiting too. Now I’m the goat for making him wait.

< ="text/">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }
In the end we'll know but on the way we'll wonder...
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by bravo99

Ordered on Jan30. Velox, 5950X, RTX 3080

Stage 1: Feb2

Stage 2: Mar12

No communications since Stage 2 notice.

I knew there would be a delay due to the 5950x, but….

Digital Storm is helping me to learn patience.

My son was going to buy his new system from a big-boxr supplier and I persuaded him to also buy from Digital Storm. He's still waiting too. Now I’m the goat for making him wait.

Have either of you reached out to Alex ([email protected]) or Nav ([email protected])? They've got answers to your questions. I also believe that when your son gets a new DS machine you will be the G.O.A.T. in his eyes. Yea, they're that good.   

Quote TruBlueBangR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:00pm
I would guess stage 3 is coming soon for you two as well based on my progression to stage 3. which was ultimately slower from stage 1 to stage 2 by a month comparison to your initial order date. Alex is pretty diligent, likely your order will progress faster in the long queue if your not competing for system components. At the beginning of February, the first time I spoke to Alex, I was offered on hand ready parts to complete build faster with a ship out in 2 to 4 weeks from our conversation. Since I wanted the 5950x over 5800x & 3950x, I opened to wait for my dream build. I'll continue posting my progression in stages, I'm likely the worst case scenario in waiting, especially if your not seeking a under manufacture top of the market high performance pc component like a R9 5900/50x or RTX 3090.To not place doubt let me say they DS is doing a good job of getting a supply of graphics cards in all the different tiers. Plus hold ups are due to the pandemic/pc market boom demand and components manafactures. Honestly it's harder to buy the components on the open market now to complete a build, nevermine the ever increasing prices of premium grade PSUs, CPUs, GPUs, & RAM with what seems to be low inventories. Through my struggles I found that 2 months ago buying a few GPUs from a B2B Trader would have been a good idea, but now prices are 2.5 to 8 times higher on products before shipping. When are PCs come in I'm sure we all be thrilled
bravo99 View Drop Down

Quote bravo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:04pm
I initially reached out in early March to get a status and received a very nice response from Ann Boland on Mar5 estimating the system would ship "late to end of March". I'm now hopeful for the end of April. 
Fingers crossed.

bravo99 View Drop Down

Quote bravo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:34pm
I've been building my own systems for over 20 years and understand how unpredictable the market can be at times. However, I've also run into situations where a supplier 'lost' my order forcing me to scrabble to complete a job.

I'd like to hear from DS a bit more often to give me confidence that my order is still being worked and there is a ETA that I can use for planning.

Quote TruBlueBangR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:43pm
I understand completely as I have business plans that are finding delay, as well as Builds at home that are unaccomplished. At least this forum gives you a voice and opportunity to get satisfied.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 12:50pm
Feel free to email me "[email protected]".
GreenTeaRex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GreenTeaRex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 1:16pm
It took mine about 2 months but the wait was worth it.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 2:01pm

I've been building my own systems for over 20 years and understand how unpredictable the market can be at times. However, I've also run into situations where a supplier 'lost' my order forcing me to scrabble to complete a job.

I'd like to hear from DS a bit more often to give me confidence that my order is still being worked and there is a ETA that I can use for planning.

Feel free to email me "[email protected]".

It is just that easy. Really. Alex (and Nav) are the best Customer Service folks. They will take the time to explain exactly what is going on, why it's happening, and when you can expect a resolution. Their only goal is making certain that you are satisfied.
bravo99 View Drop Down

Quote bravo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 1:46pm

I received an update today indicating my order has reached ‘Pending Assembly’.

I reached out to Alex requesting help with my son’s order as well as mine.

Hoping for an ETA on each order soon.

< ="text/">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; background: transparent }
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:28pm
Thank you for reaching out, I hope I was able to help.
wildoxit View Drop Down

Quote wildoxit Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:51pm
So far it's been almost 5 months. I wonder if a year passes by I get a pro-rated refund for being outdated before I get to open the box???
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:02pm
I'm a very patient person, but 3+ months can't be easy.

My son was going to
buy his new system from a big-boxr supplier and I persuaded him to also
buy from Digital Storm. He's still waiting too. Now I’m the goat for making him wait.

I've been dong a lot of shopping around, and had a similar thought. Ordered a system from one of the name brand manufacturers. Ten days after ordering, there was strange behavior in the payment transaction. With the current wait times and prices, I didn't need more possible annoyances (e.g., perhaps being charged again or them canceling the order when the system went into "production" or just before it would ship). Therefore, I canceled the order, which didn't go by the book either (though at least the charge did get fully reversed). Basically (and sadly/irritatingly), be leery of any vendor right now.

Quote RBNFITNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by wildoxit

So far it's been almost 5 months. I wonder if a year passes by I get a pro-rated refund for being outdated before I get to open the box???

5 months?!? What are your specs?

Quote TruBlueBangR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 1:21am
there are a few name brand system prebuilts ready to ship. got one in 10 days after ordering. b550 mtb rtx 3070 oc
@270w 240 aio ryzen 5600x 16gb rgb ram for a little over $2300 after tax. hooked it up for my son today and that monster keeps up with my current z490 rtx 3090 i9 gaming build.

when looking for custom builds from builders throughout the usa it takes 2 plus months. I have friends waiting on builds from *********, and others since the end of February. also the builder i won't name offers premium tier builds with new gen chips 11 gen i9 and 5900x with 3090s and 3080s for $3.5 - 5.5k.

I just look forward to talking in this forum now than checking for an email that states a stage. it's a long process the pc market seems forever changed. building a powerhouse pc will cost the same or more than any builder. Especially when 1660 supers and ti are selling out and cost $500-800, as well as the mark up 1000w+ PSUs and watercooling components.

fact is some of us are gonna have to hurry up and wait

... Removed competitor names ...

Edited by Snaike - 14 Apr 2021 at 3:26am
wildoxit View Drop Down

Quote wildoxit Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 4:58am

Purchase Date: 11/27/2020 6:21:15 AM

DSO-2685389 Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3647461 1 $7,404.00
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-Core) 4.9 GHz Turbo (BACKORDER ETA JANUARY)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W Silverstone / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3090 24GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Add On Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Green Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (1x Board)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (
141816 -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME BONUS DISCOUNT: $500 1 ($500.00)
3018534 -- AMD Bundle - Far Cry 6 + In-game Items (Digital Code) 1 $0.00
3018752 -- NVIDIA - Call of Duty: Cold War and In-game Items (Digital Code) 1 $0.00
Sub-Total: $6,904.00
Tax (0%): $0.00
Shipping: $179.00
Grand Total: $7,083.00

Quote TruBlueBangR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:53am
your @ 5 1/2 months and we have similar high end builds @ near same price too. I hope they get your's out asap. Do you have any reasoning for the hold up? what is your DS stage? I know AMD 59??s are filling orders sparingly due to low inventory distribution

Quote RBNFITNESS Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 9:10am

Purchase Date: 11/27/2020 6:21:15 AM

DSO-2685389 Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3647461 1 $7,404.00
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16-Core) 4.9 GHz Turbo (BACKORDER ETA JANUARY)
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming (Wi-Fi) (AMD X570 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W Silverstone / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3090 24GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Add On Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Green Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (1x Board)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (
141816 -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME BONUS DISCOUNT: $500 1 ($500.00)
3018534 -- AMD Bundle - Far Cry 6 + In-game Items (Digital Code) 1 $0.00
3018752 -- NVIDIA - Call of Duty: Cold War and In-game Items (Digital Code) 1 $0.00
Sub-Total: $6,904.00
Tax (0%): $0.00
Shipping: $179.00
Grand Total: $7,083.00

We have the same GPU and case, I’m pretty sure It’s your AMD... this is exactly why I went with Intel.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:44am
@wildoxit, your order took this long due to the AMD 5950X processor, and our team has provided options to change to a different solution to ship your order soon.

I do see that it's in Stage 4 and it should be shipping out in the next few weeks at the latest (2 weeks).
wildoxit View Drop Down

Quote wildoxit Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:00pm

@wildoxit, your order took this long due to the AMD 5950X processor, and our team has provided options to change to a different solution to ship your order soon.

I do see that it's in Stage 4 and it should be shipping out in the next few weeks at the latest (2 weeks).

Alex,

Thanks for the kind words, However, I've talked to several people and they said the "hold up" is GPU and Cable Mgmnt.... Supposedly the CPU is in my "basket". THen again, who really knows except the assembly line people yes?

The optimism is welcomed!
wildoxit View Drop Down

Quote wildoxit Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:15pm
Just talked with Tran.   "Based on the notes I see the 3090 hydrolux and black exotic cables"

Not only has it been 5 months, but nobody at DS can give me the same answer as to what the hold-up is.

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 7:12pm

Just talked with Tran.   "Based on the notes I see the 3090 hydrolux and black exotic cables"

Not only has it been 5 months, but nobody at DS can give me the same answer as to what the hold-up is.

Alex is the head of Customer Service, among other things, and pretty much in charge over there. With all the information you've been given, I would suggest that Alex is the one with the facts.     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>