FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how long would it take for a lumos?

Post Date: 2022-11-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Worldwar1sniper View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: how long would it take for a lumos?
    Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:45pm
hey, the title might be a bit confusing but i bought a lumos ultimate version intel I want to ask how long it would take to be built and arrive where I am I currently am in NC, US so does anybody have a guess about when it will arrive? thanks if you do and if you wonder why I'm asking this. I am new to getting a computer like that so I just wanted to know
Ordered 11/2/2022
Stage 1 11/??/2022 (lost track maybe the 4th or 7th)
Stage 3 (idk about stage 2 when that happened) 11/16/2022
stage 4 idk about when this happened
Stage 5 11/30/2022
Stage 6 ??/??/2022 not sure when this happened maybe the first of december
Stage 7 12/1/2022 im not sure why my stress test stage didnt take long

Edited by Worldwar1sniper - 02 Dec 2022 at 5:45am
Just a random trench sniper
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:29pm
We just heard from a new member in his post titled "Time from Purchase Date to Delivery Fall 2022". It may have taken a few days for his payment to be processed, but once the build began, it was 6 business days until it shipped. The Configurator cites 5-10 business days. that's Mon-Fri.   
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 11:37pm
Also keep in mind that Friday, 11/11 is a holiday and not considered a 'business day'...
Kraevin View Drop Down

Quote Kraevin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Worldwar1sniper

hey, the title might be a bit confusing but i bought a lumos ultimate version intel I want to ask how long it would take to be built and arrive where I am I currently am in NC, US so does anybody have a guess about when it will arrive? thanks if you do and if you wonder why I'm asking this. I am new to getting a computer like that so I just wanted to know
Ordered 11/2/2022

Well I ordered mine on 10/27/22 and it's still stuck in Phase 1. So there is no telling.

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Cretae

We just heard from a new member in his post titled "Time from Purchase Date to Delivery Fall 2022". It may have taken a few days for his payment to be processed, but once the build began, it was 6 business days until it shipped. The Configurator cites 5-10 business days. that's Mon-Fri.   

alright then i used to see if anybody asked my question yet so i just made a account and had to ask so yes i know it might take awhile to get here but i will wait and i am kinda happy that i decided to get a new computer

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Snaike

Also keep in mind that Friday, 11/11 is a holiday and not considered a 'business day'...

oh yea i forgot that friday is a holiday but hey there isnt nothing that really can be done i feel like we all need a break and this holiday allows us for awhile

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Kraevin

Ordered 11/2/2022

Well I ordered mine on 10/27/22 and it's still stuck in Phase 1. So there is no telling.

Hey i mean that cant be good maybe you should email them about it asking if something went wrong? im not sure how long its going to take mine but i hope it doesnt take to long because i really dont want to be stuck on a old laptop i have been using since 2016 its starting to run down on me and getting weaker for games even simple games it tends to lag every once and awhile
Kraevin View Drop Down

Quote Kraevin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:56am
I emailed them yesterday asking for an update. Just waiting for a reply. Payment was already processed so i know its not that.

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 7:10am

I emailed them yesterday asking for an update. Just waiting for a reply. Payment was already processed so i know its not that.

ok i have no idea how mine is going so i should check about it later on to see how its going it might still be on stage 1 right now

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 7:33am

ok so i decided to read other post and while checking it could take about 2 months or 3 so yea thats the only problem with it because they might be backed up due to the holidays that are coming close
mikeflach91 View Drop Down

Quote mikeflach91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:24am
So I ordered a lumos recently. my payment was processed on 10/27 and was placed at stage 1. On November 8th it hit stage 2 and also went to stage 3. No update since then. So the 5-10 day estimated ship date is definitely not going to happen.

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by mikeflach91

So I ordered a lumos recently. my payment was processed on 10/27 and was placed at stage 1. On November 8th it hit stage 2 and also went to stage 3. No update since then. So the 5-10 day estimated ship date is definitely not going to happen.

yes, I know that one of my friends ordered it around the same time I did they talked to me about it so i told them about how it would take longer but i just hope it arrives before the holidays as I don't want to be using my old computer for quite a while.

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 11:11am

Decided to see what stage you are stuck on you currently are on the phase 1 stress test so that makes since that will take awhile heres more about it on this post
https://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/what-are-all-the-digital-storm-stages-tidf24434/
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 2:11pm
Congratulations and welcome to DS!!!

Now, in order for your post to display the "Verified Customer" badge you will have to ensure that the email address you used to place your order matches EXACTLY the email address you've used here on the forums. Yes, this is case sensitive as a password (ie. [email protected] does not equal [email protected] with the different capitalization.)

It's gonna be great!

Quote mikeflach91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 12:43pm

Decided to see what stage you are stuck on you currently are on the phase 1 stress test so that makes since that will take awhile heres more about it on this post
https://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/what-are-all-the-digital-storm-stages-tidf24434/

So they give a detailed list of stages by email once it hits the next stage. these are the stages

Stage 1 - Backlog Queue:
New orders remain in queue depending on current demand/workload before being released to the production floor. This may take the longest if there is increased demand such as the special promotions, holidays, etc.

Stage 2 - Pending Inventory:
Your order has been assigned to our inventory team and is now pending on their backlog, our inventory department will soon begin to allocate the items for your order and add them to a fulfillment bin. Orders may stay at this stage for quite some time, depending on our workload and the availability of computer components with our suppliers/partners.

Stage 3 - Pending Assembly:
A fulfillment bin with all critical components has been placed with our assembly team, and they have added it to their internal backlog. An expert system builder will soon begin working on your order.

Stage 4 - Assembly Started:
An expert builder has started working on your order and carefully installs the components, and completes wiring throughout the chassis. There may be a possibility that we're still waiting for accessories or non-essential components. However, we're starting the process now to get your order done as soon as possible.

Stage 5 - Stress Testing & Benchmarking:
Our team is running a final batch of tests to verify the integrity and stability of your system. This allows us to ensure that every system we ship will be a rock-solid machine for years to come. We will also run benchmark utilities and testing software to correctly monitor your system's performance throughout our stress testing process.

Stage 6 - Quality Assurance:
Your system is undergoing a very detailed quality control analysis. We're inspecting your machine for missing screws, loose cards, checking for special requests, verifying the configuration, and double checking our stress-test results. Our inspectors are trained with an eye for detail and ensure that every system leaves our facility with the art of perfection.

Stage 7 - Packaging:
Our team is carefully preparing your order to be shipped. Things include wiping down the system, preparing packaging materials to ensure safe transit, and mounting the computer and all of your accessories into a box to be assigned a shipping label and shipped. Once it ships, you will get an email with a tracking number at the end of the day

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Snaike

Congratulations and welcome to DS!!!

Now, in order for your post to display the "Verified Customer" badge you will have to ensure that the email address you used to place your order matches EXACTLY the email address you've used here on the forums. Yes, this is case sensitive as a password (ie. [email protected] does not equal [email protected] with the different capitalization.)

It's gonna be great!

even if it isnt that hard to do im not going to do it right now or maybe any time soon i just used to watch the forms in the past so i made a account for the forms so i can use them and ask or awnser stuff that i might know the awnser to

Quote mikeflach91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 1:09pm
UPDATE on my order incase you are wondering how mine has been progressing

Payment was processed on 10/27 and was placed at stage 1. On November 8th it hit stage 2 and also went to stage 3. November 14th hit stage 4 "Assembly Started".
Kraevin View Drop Down

Quote Kraevin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 4:47pm

Payment was processed on 10/27 and was placed at stage 1. On November 8th it hit stage 2 and also went to stage 3. November 14th hit stage 4 "Assembly Started".

Very nice.. my payment was also process on 10/27 and i am still on Stage 1 as of 11/14. I emailed support who said 5 to 10 business days, even though its past that now. "Shrug"

Quote mikeflach91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 6:30pm

Very nice.. my payment was also process on 10/27 and i am still on Stage 1 as of 11/14. I emailed support who said 5 to 10 business days, even though its past that now. "Shrug"

What all did you order? like what's the specs?

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 8:35am

yea i feel like it is going to take a long time for mine to get here because of what you said digital storm isnt the fastest ones but they do make sure everything would work right
Kraevin View Drop Down

Quote Kraevin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 9:28am
Just an update, mine went from Phase 1 to Phase 4 today. =)

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 8:39am

Just an update, mine went from Phase 1 to Phase 4 today. =)

nice im still waiting on mine right now as mine went to the 3rd stage they are quite fast i guess we got lucky on the list before the holiday rush hit

Edited by Worldwar1sniper - 17 Nov 2022 at 8:45am

Quote mikeflach91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 3:33pm
I talked to customer support today. They are waiting for a shipment of RTX 4090's

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 7:35am

I talked to customer support today. They are waiting for a shipment of RTX 4090's

ah i just got a lumos ultiment so im not sure how long it will take lol well i ordered it awhile back and such but hey still i wonder how long it will take stage 3 since i last checked

Edited by Worldwar1sniper - 18 Nov 2022 at 8:29am

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 5:43am

so how is yours going i hit stage 5 yesterday

Quote mikeflach91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:56pm
It was supposed to be delivered today. But FedEx sucks

Quote mikeflach91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 11:42am
Update for you guys. PC was delivered yesterday.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:50am

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 5:45am
mines ment to come here thursday or friday

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 6:01am
mine arrived yesterday and its a beast it was worth the price for it
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 2:17pm
Happy to hear. 'Grats. Got any pics?   

Quote Worldwar1sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Cretae

Happy to hear. 'Grats. Got any pics?   

sorry i havent been on the site much but i might get some later ive just been busy playing on my lumos
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:13am
I... think we understand.

Game on!     
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 9:45am
 Awesome
 Post Reply Post Reply