FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hullo!

Post Date: 2009-04-11

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GearHunter View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
  Quote GearHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Hullo!
    Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 9:26pm
Hey I'm...quite new here I must say! But I hope I do manage to be able and fit in.  There was one thing I was nagging at me. 

 I've been looking at either (And I really don't have the money or anything of the sort to get a computer)  But for future reference..

Is it better to get the HAF 932 or 1050Si?
Back to Top
army man View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 25
  Quote army man Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 9:35pm
go with the HAF 932 you will get better airflow 
life's to short to worry bout the small stuff
Back to Top
GearHunter View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
  Quote GearHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 9:41pm
Ahh...well what is the 1050Si also good for...? o.o;
Back to Top
bullseyehk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 08 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 212
  Quote bullseyehk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 9:42pm
HAF ftw
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 10:30pm
HAF all the way, for price and performance and airflow, its the best.

1050si is not good for much if you ask me.
Back to Top
aias49 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 108
  Quote aias49 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 11:08pm

Some just like the Style of the 1050si

Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 11:11pm
lol style with no performance is pointless IMO
Back to Top
GearHunter View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
  Quote GearHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 12:22am
Ahhh well okay then.  Thanks ^^ HAF glows in the dark better anyways = 3=
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 1:11am
You will love it
Back to Top
MyNameisBrian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 202
  Quote MyNameisBrian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 8:33pm
I have heard that it would be better to go with the 950si over the HAF for water cooling and less noise. Is this true?
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 8:52pm
HAF will offer better temps /OC even with LC, but no matter which you go with, there is going to be noise.

most of your noise is coming from the GPU fans, the haf's own fans make very little noise to begin with.

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Apr 2009 at 8:53pm
Back to Top
BillDempsey View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 399
  Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by MyNameisBrian

I have heard that it would be better to go with the 950si over the HAF for water cooling and less noise. Is this true?


I've had the 950Si with the V8 CPU cooler and now have the HAF with liquid cooling. My 950Si had the Zalman fan upgrade, not the LED fans, because the Zalmans are quieter. My 950Si also didn't have the side window. The HAF has the stock three BIG fans. Both machines had the Corsair 1000 power supply and 2 x GTX285s in SLI.

These two configurations were about equal noise levels. The V8 CPU cooler and the liquid cooling are about equal noise levels, as well. All of the annoying noise came from the GPU fans because they were set to run at 100%. I changed the GPU fans to AUTO and BOTH machines became very quiet.

I honestly like the look of the 950Si case better, but that's about all. The HAF case is FAR easier to work on in every way. Swapping drives around is brain-dead easy on the HAF. The HAF also keeps the internal case temperature lower because of those big quiet fans.

I give the 950Si 4 stars.
I give the HAF 932 4.5 stars. FTW!

Overall, the HAF wins for cooler case temps, similar quiet, and VERY easy upgradeability. If somebody made a case that had the classy looks and sturdiness of the 950Si plus the myriad other attributes of the HAF 932, I would give THAT case 5 stars. Ouch
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.078125 seconds.