Post Date: 2018-11-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThePinkGoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Hydrolux Lite vs Corsair
    Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:38am
I'm curious, I've only ever used Corsair. I really like the looks of the Hydrolux Lite. Does anyone use the Hydrolux lite? Does the Lite need to be refilled/flushed?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:33am
The Corsair is all you need unless you want to put the graphics card under water without going to the much more expensive full water.  .  

The Hydrolux Lite is the Swiftech h220 or so and allows the loop to be broken to add in the graphics card.  It does cool a little better, but its main advantage is the graphics card.  A few degrees plus or minus in cooling means little. 

Hydrolux does require filling on occasion, possibly a flush..   Corsair is maintenance free.

Looks is probably its biggest draw, but I believe in KISS...keep it simple stupid.Big%20Smile

Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:51am
Thanks bray22. To recap on what you said, so that I can make a solid decision.

1)The advantage of the Lite would be to cool the GPU, even if DS doesn't offer a GPU option for Lite without buying a Bolt X.

2) The Corsair will cool just as good as the Lite and does not require any maintenance.

Would it be safe to say the follow?

"The Lite is just as good as the Corsair, buy it if you like the looks and if you don't mind maintaining it"

"The lite does not offer any temp controll/pump control like the Corsair does"

How am I doing?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 7:22am
Pretty much that"s it with a couple of changes.....

The Lite, aka Swiftech, does allow for PWM fan control and might cool the cpu a few degrees cooler.   The Corsair cooling is all you need, but like you said, Lite is better looking by some standards and will require some maintenance.

Big%20Smile

Demonsbite View Drop Down

Quote Demonsbite Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 2:47pm
Visually the Hydro is just so much better

Performance is more or less the same HOWEVER the Hydro is expandable as people have said, it features an amazing lil pump on it
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 6:00am
I"m curious if these pumps can hold up as long as a corsair AIO. I've had my single fan corsair aio running 7 years no issues. I want hydrolux my only concern is will it last as long. I know there is no way to tell, I wish I could find a lot of reviews that speak highly of it. These forums really lack that.
BeerHunter View Drop Down

Quote BeerHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:55am
Good Question Goat...I am struggling with the same decision. My current DS system has a dual loop Level 6, and had to replace one of the pumps twice; so am a little sick of the maintenance. I was hoping to find more about the hydrolux lite vs the AIO options. Appreciate bprat22's thoughts. Does anyone have some actual Hydrolux lite experience?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:27am
I have personal, hands on experience with only the Corsair AIO , but from research, customer feedback, testing sites my order of preference is..

1...Corsair.....they have become very reliable, zero maintenance and very low risk of leaks.    They tend to just work and work well.   I still prefer a quality air cooler however.

2...hydro lux Pro.....a true water cooling loop with the best performance, parts and flexibility.    If you need the gpu under water and can afford it, my choice. If you stress your pc for 24/7 at heavy load, can’t be beat.    The pumps are higher capacity, larger units and thus prone to more failure than Corsair.   Still reliable but more to go wrong.

3...hydro lux Lite, really a Swiftech unit, and one I don’t like.   Vast majority of complaints on the forums of leakage are from this unit. Plus a lot of members have complained of cloudy, debris in the liquid issues that need maintenance, even sooner than Pro, which I don’t understand.   Might be the quality of waterblocks, etc. It’s good for gpu under water for cheap.

All that said, you can get a Corsar that fails in 3 months and a Swiftech that lasts for years.    Roll of the dice.

For the vast majority, the gpu doesn’t have to be underwater and it’s done more for looks than necessary.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:21am
Great feedback. I think the idea of having a really fancy looking loop is neat, but not practical. I'm just a gamer, who's been running the same Corsair AIO for 8 years, no issues, no leaks. From time to time I remove the dust from the fan and radiator.

Corsair Link, Bprat do you use this? What do you think about the features/tools it offers?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:38am
I’m using Corsair ICUE, which is the latest and replacement for Link.   An updated and combined form of Link and original CUE.    I use is mainly to control my 6 Corsair Pro ML fans RGB lighting.   I’ve only spent a small amount of time trying to use it to adjust pump and rad fans rpm.    I think it’s still a work in progress.   All the fans are Quiet and temps good, but was just playing with ICUE just because.

I tried Link years ago and found it buggy and pretty useless so dumped it and just adjusted things the old way, namely thru mobo Bios or software. I’m sure it’s better now.   

I tend to adjust the fans once, for best balance of noise and heat and then don’t touch them again.   I like simple.

BeerHunter View Drop Down

Quote BeerHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:03pm
Thanks Bprat22 Great information and advice...think I am going with the Corsair. I appreciate your honest assessment! And good luck to you too Goat!
 Post Reply Post Reply