FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm looking for an HD PC Gamming Experience

Post Date: 2008-10-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
knifesarefun View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote knifesarefun Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I'm looking for an HD PC Gamming Experience
    Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 2:49am
Look I've been looking at hundreds of reviews and HD Monitors and reviews of these monitors I do not want an HDTV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television , I need an 20" to 22" HD LCD Monitor within a $200 to $350 range, and one with no ghosting, fixed pixels, LCD leakage, and can survive being on for a very long time.

If anyone has any ideas on this please write back, I've been doing this for weeks now and so far I have not seen anything worth mentioning, and PLEASE do NOT mention HDTVs I do NOT, I REPEAT that, do NOT want an HDTV.

(p.s. I'm putting this up against tom's hardware to see who will answer first)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 2:54am
see if there is one listed here

if not try this one

I don't have it but I have heard good things about it.

you can check the reviews for it there

Quote knifesarefun Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 3:20am
I've seen those but as good as they look they are simply too expensive for me.  Put this on your thread it is a Samsung 22" and offers the more bang for your buck card, but I'm not entirely for it so that's why I am posting on here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005116
Daygn View Drop Down

Quote Daygn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 4:15am
I just picked up a samsung t240 monitor and a samsung ln52a850 hdtv. The tv is awsome but a couple thousand out of your price range but the monitor was $439 at bestbuy and it is well worth the extra $. The only drawback is at the vary top words are darker but you hardly notice. On the other hand it looks great when gaming but my 850 shows it whos daddy
BB
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 4:22am
thank you but that is not my thread, and I don't work for DS, you can contact skyR who is a mod here and that is his thread, if he thinks it should be added he will do so.

I'm just a customer like you

Edited by DST4ME - 11 Oct 2008 at 4:22am

Quote knifesarefun Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Daygn

I just picked up a samsung t240 monitor and a samsung ln52a850 hdtv. The tv is awsome but a couple thousand out of your price range but the monitor was $439 at bestbuy and it is well worth the extra $. The only drawback is at the vary top words are darker but you hardly notice. On the other hand it looks great when gaming but my 850 shows it whos daddy

That's all well and good, but I'm a part time job teen man I simply don't have the luxury right now to spend that kind of bank, so sorry
thank you but that is not my thread, and I don't work for DS, you can contact skyR who is a mod here and that is his thread, if he thinks it should be added he will do so.

I'm just a customer like you

Alright then but I simply cannot afford any of those(also don't also trust reviews they are good for general info but some of them could be from people who just had a bad day or maybe they just got a bad monitor)

Edited by knifesarefun - 11 Oct 2008 at 5:16am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 5:21am
Yes, I only trust reviews if I know how long the person had it.

Good luck, I hope you find the right monitor for you asap.
Daygn View Drop Down

Quote Daygn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 5:58am
This is what seperates the men from the boys. You are a teenager and this is a test. You said up to $350 you would pay for one and you are saying you cant wait just a little longer and save $100 to get what you really want? I say dont get anything less then what you really want the harder it is to reach the more it means to you and the more you push yourself to reach it the stronger and wiser you become. learn this now and you will not have to strugle through most of your life like I had to. Its not fun!!!
BB

Quote knifesarefun Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 3:24am
talk about a procrastination man, I've saved for this enough as it is, the rest goes for school ok.

Anyways thanks dst4me, appreciate it man
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 3:35am
Yup sometimes you are just on a budget for that time period and thats just that, nothing wrong with that, can't say I have not been there lot of times myself.

you are very welcome knifesarefun, its been a pleasure chating with you

besure to give us your review and post pics after you get it
pgarthw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pgarthw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 8:53am
I have a Gateway 22" HD monitor.  Model # is 2201 I believe (I'm at work right now).  I really like it.  Best Buy has it online for $239 you can add a 4 year replacement plan for another $39bucks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply