FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am newb and I need help (first pc)

Post Date: 2020-12-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brewtuz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Brewtuz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I am newb and I need help (first pc)
    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 2:56am
Budget:
[Hopefully under 2k]

Expectations:
[Simple set up capable of playing new games on decent-high setting with good fps]

Usage:
[I want to play rust on good settings with at least 60 fps give or take, also I would love to be able to run new games and titles as they come out and not have to upgrade for a few years. I'm interested in video editing and if possible I'd like to try my hand at it but not necessity]

Special Needs:
[I dont know of any specific needs atm but if you have somthing to advise please do]

Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]

Specifications:
[Please Type Here]
grasoline View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote grasoline Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 9:01am
Here's a very competent build for gaming: 3612813

1800$ after the discount.

You'll be able to run pretty much whatever you want at 1080p at max settings. Will start scaling down after 1440p but will still perform great. Newest gen processor, last gen GPU that still is a beast. Great storage and RAM.

Let some of other folks weigh in before you make a purchase though.

Edited by grasoline - 04 Dec 2020 at 9:01am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 3:42am
Very good build, grasoline.

That's the perfect CPU/GPU pairing for best results at this price point on a 1080p monitor IMO. This will result in very high framerates in the majority of games you play.

Two things: these are choices centered on looks more than performance. Keeping in mind you have to get to $2000 for a $200 discount, consider this. Switch to the Lynx case for the RGB effects many are fond of, and swap in the stronger MSI Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, so you get back to the $2000+ mark. That comes in at $1862.

IMO, either build will perform very well. It's a choice about which case looks better with the lights on.

See it here:    3615334

There is a glitch in the Configurator where you have to build in the Lynx case from scratch to see the RGB fans which are stock on that case. If you just sub in the Lynx from starting with another case, the chassis fans will not appear to be RGB, but they are. The other change was I selected the Samsung 860 EVO for secondary storage. Samsung is known far and wide for excellent SSDs, so why not? You should perhaps make that change whichever build you pick. (It saves $7.)
 Post Reply Post Reply