FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Have A Few Questions To Ask

Post Date: 2020-02-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CFalcon075 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I Have A Few Questions To Ask
    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:10am
The first question i'd like to ask is since a long while back DigitalStorm had these computers named the Aura PC, and it was a very cool all in one computer and I really miss that. So I don't know when DigitalStorm would re-add the Aura computer since I was planning to buy one in the future. So I hope that DigitalStorm would be willing to sell those again!

The second question is for the workstation PC the Velox AI well I would wanna know firstly if they're gonna change the exterior finish from white to blue, red, and black etc. I would definitely love to have that added in there too.

The third question would be if I had bought a computer that was worth $10,000+ DigitalStorm makes it to where it's freight truck shipping. Since it's supposed to help shipping damage and a lot of other stuff that would happen. I wonder if in the future maybe for overnight plane shipping it could also protect your computer from shipping damage. I don't know exactly if that'll ever happen since I am a noob at knowing this.

(P.S. I don't know if this'll happen since like I am a noob like reiterated. But I just would want my computer to come in faster and not having to wait a long time. Even though in life you're required to have patience.)

And the final question would be would DigitalStorm be willing to put this beautiful PC case back in? It was called the Extreme Gamer DSK-0514-AA1 case.

Here's the image to what I am talking about.

So this computer looks very great and astonishing to me. I would want that computer but if DigitalStorm cannot revive this old bad boy that was from like 2009-2012 era. I guess I am gonna go and try to buy a time machine in the future and buy the case myself lmao.

In all seriousness though that computer looks very great.

I wonder if maybe one day DigitalStorm can revive this (maybe? Up to them). Tell me what your thoughts are on this post and give me some positive feedback. Thanks!

Edited by CFalcon075 - 05 Feb 2020 at 9:13am
Regards, CFalcon075.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 5:41am
Generally speaking, once DS has moved on from a configuration/type of case, they are no longer manufactured, and thus are not available. DS is a custom assembler, not a manufacturer. They sometimes design and order a particular case like the Bolt which is a DS design, but when they move on, that design is no longer made by anyone. It wouldn't hurt to ask if they possibly have a few old designs around, but....

DS does paint cases, but they do not provide that option on every case. You'd have to ask them. Since it would be a custom job, it'd probably be pricy.

Shipping is always a crap-shoot IMO. Once it leaves DS hands, who knows how it's going to be cared for? The Aventum is shipped strapped to a wooden pallet. The rest are well-packed in foam and cardboard. The vast majority arrive unscathed, but... stuff happens. DS will help you in any way they can to make you comfortable with your shipping desires. Discuss it with them.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 7:38am
Another option, should you decide, would be to give the case you want your machine built in to DS and let them custom build it that way... Give them a call to find out what the difference in prices would be...

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Cretae

Generally speaking, once DS has moved on from a configuration/type of case, they are no longer manufactured, and thus are not available. DS is a custom assembler, not a manufacturer. They sometimes design and order a particular case like the Bolt which is a DS design, but when they move on, that design is no longer made by anyone. It wouldn't hurt to ask if they possibly have a few old designs around, but....

DS does paint cases, but they do not provide that option on every case. You'd have to ask them. Since it would be a custom job, it'd probably be pricy.

Shipping is always a crap-shoot IMO. Once it leaves DS hands, who knows how it's going to be cared for? The Aventum is shipped strapped to a wooden pallet. The rest are well-packed in foam and cardboard. The vast majority arrive unscathed, but... stuff happens. DS will help you in any way they can to make you comfortable with your shipping desires. Discuss it with them.

Thanks for your comment Cretae! DigitalStorm has also explained to me that shipping damage is a rare case and doesn't really happen often. I must say I really hope that the Aventum 3 PRO will still be alive. Do you think DigitalStorm would ever get rid of one of the greatest gaming and workstation rigs yet?

Edited by CFalcon075 - 06 Feb 2020 at 12:08pm
Regards, CFalcon075.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 12:59pm
The Aventums are also subject of improvements and changes. We are up to the Aventum X now with the major improvement to be the coolant distribution manifold/block.

Don't even know if any old ones come up on the secondary market. I imagine most owners will keep the case and change the insides to suit ( I know I will with mine).
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 5:07am
Originally posted by CFalcon075

Thanks for your comment Cretae! DigitalStorm has also explained to me that shipping damage is a rare case and doesn't really happen often. I must say I really hope that the Aventum 3 PRO will still be alive. Do you think DigitalStorm would ever get rid of one of the greatest gaming and workstation rigs yet?

My pleasure, sir!

The Aventum is a YouTube phenomenon, actually. I don't it's going anywhere soon.

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 10:22am
Originally posted by hoserator

The Aventums are also subject of improvements and changes. We are up to the Aventum X now with the major improvement to be the coolant distribution manifold/block.
Don't even know if any old ones come up on the secondary market. I imagine most owners will keep the case and change the insides to suit ( I know I will with mine).

Thank god otherwise I would've been pretty sad lol...
Regards, CFalcon075.

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 10:22am

My pleasure, sir!

The Aventum is a YouTube phenomenon, actually. I don't it's going anywhere soon.

Long live the Aventum series!
Regards, CFalcon075.

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 10:41am
Well now that I think about it. DigitalStorm SHOULDN'T OF gotten rid of the Aura since in a review they say this.

"Ultimate trifecta of desk space, performance, and future proofness". Then I wouldn't understand why they would've gotten rid of any of it if it was really good. That would be like saying the Aventum X would only last 1 whole week and then it's gone. While it would be one of the greatest gaming PCs.

Alright I would call that bullcrap. But I am for sure that DigitalStorm is hopefully making a new and way better version of the Aura. I miss the Aura since it would've been really cool and great to have if it was one of the best "future proofness" all in one PCs.

So I would wish DigitalStorm could also just make a manufacturing type of job on the side, so that way people can choose and pick whatever case they wanted. Since I really wanted that Extreme Gamer DSK-0514-AA1 case, they should just make more of any cases even ones from 2007 type of cases. I wouldn't understand why they would throw them away but instead of doing that they could make new and improved models and cases of them.

As much as I disagree with this I just hope that they would do that AND remake the facility they once had in Vancouver, Canada. Since Canada is of course one of my favorite country (I know) they should remake that so that way Canadian gamers would have OP DigitalStorm computers instead of waiting longer by freight.

(And I also know that you guys would say that it wouldn't happen since of air shipping). Well guess what then? It would be a lot more faster of shipping by air if it were just in Vancouver and when they finally decide to also add Canadian dollars into one of their money payments. It only currently has USD for now but they should try to spread the word of DigitalStorm and try to make DigitalStorm become worldwide (I also hope).

I just don't know why DigitalStorm would be missing out these fascinating and yet fantastic ideas that they could be doing. It isn't that hard now isn't it? I don't think making or constructing the whole Vancouver facility was even a mistake or that they should've regretted it.

I was ecstatic once I saw that one page that DigitalStorm said they were in Canada. And then I got fooled and tricked by it since it was like in 2013 or something. And I am just like "WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE COMPANY DECISIONS?!" Since it really really should be pushed up to something more popular like reiterated spread the word of DigitalStorm.

It's just hard to see every foreigner off of the United States should pay a fee for ordering either freight or air shipping for any powerful DigitalStorm computer whatsoever. I would also love to apply for a job at DigitalStorm so that way I can fix all of these problems myself and become a manager.

Please let me know Alex if the whole DigitalStorm business will definitely conquer and takeover the crappy ********* and **** race! We will definitely over throw them if we had the option to do what I had said! Without further a-do please reply to this message if you have an answer to all of this. Thank you.

.. removed competitor names ...

Edited by Snaike - 07 Feb 2020 at 11:06am
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 4:21pm
Not really sure what to make of all that. Since it "isn't that hard" you could always start your own company and then you needn't worry about the middleman. Big%20Smile

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Not really sure what to make of all that. Since it "isn't that hard" you could always start your own company and then you needn't worry about the middleman. Big%20Smile

Well then. I just hope that DigitalStorm will stay alive and yet you're right at some point. I just really really like DigitalStorm and hoping that they could definitely try to remake the facility that was once in Vancouver, Canada and so on.

Not saying I should start a PC business if so. Just had some great ideals that DigitalStorm could try doing if they want to make themselves more popular in some way.

P.S. Just really infatuated with DigitalStorm and to be one of the most loyal and generous fanboys out there. I would try to give out some ideas just because I think it could work. Not saying it wouldn't but well I guess I did throw my thoughts out there.

Edited by CFalcon075 - 07 Feb 2020 at 5:13pm
Regards, CFalcon075.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 12:08am

Well now that I think about it. DigitalStorm SHOULDN'T OF gotten rid of the Aura since in a review they say this.

"Ultimate trifecta of desk space, performance, and future proofness". Then I wouldn't understand why they would've gotten rid of any of it if it was really good.

IMHO, Digital Storm doesn't keep models around because they work, or because they're pretty, or even because they've made hundreds before... Digital Storm keeps models that SELL. That's it. If a line sells well, it continues (see Vanquish).. it if doesn't sell then it gets replaced with something that might. That's the nature of the beast.. keep the choices to a minimum so you can maximize manufacturing without having to specialize. In other words, its more cost effective to make 6 models 1000 times than it is to make 12 models 500 times.. even though the same number of machines are made.

If the Aura, as cool as it was, wasn't selling then DS had to move on to something that will.

BTW, we're still waiting on the SPARK. Now ~THAT's~ something that would sell and sell well if you ask me.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 8:04am
IMHO, the Aura became a victim of advancing computer tech. With the reduction in chip sizes and the advancing power needs of the usual parts, I think keeping the Aura cool enough would have become a chore. Far from being a set-up with longevity, it was very hard to upgrade the parts that were able to fit the form.

As to DS's popularity, they have found the need to expand the size of their facility twice just in the last year to keep ahead(?) of demand. So no worries there. They appear to be doing very, very well!

It is also the fact that you can ask DS to build anything you want, in any case, with any parts that you supply. You can order anything sent directly to them and they will build you whatever you want. More often than not, most of those older style cases you are fond of went out of production with no choice from DS.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Snaike

BTW, we're still waiting on the SPARK. Now ~THAT's~ something that would sell and sell well if you ask me.

Shhh we don't say that name in these parts. LOL

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:32am

"Ultimate trifecta of desk space, performance, and future proofness". Then I wouldn't understand why they would've gotten rid of any of it if it was really good.

IMHO, Digital Storm doesn't keep models around because they work, or because they're pretty, or even because they've made hundreds before... Digital Storm keeps models that SELL. That's it. If a line sells well, it continues (see Vanquish).. it if doesn't sell then it gets replaced with something that might. That's the nature of the beast.. keep the choices to a minimum so you can maximize manufacturing without having to specialize. In other words, its more cost effective to make 6 models 1000 times than it is to make 12 models 500 times.. even though the same number of machines are made.

If the Aura, as cool as it was, wasn't selling then DS had to move on to something that will.

I am pretty pumped up for whatever the heck Spark is! Please let me know or if you don't wanna spoil it. Don't let the cat out of the box. But please let me know if you'd like. So is it a all-in-one PC, a desktop, or a laptop?
Regards, CFalcon075.

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:37am

IMHO, the Aura became a victim of advancing computer tech. With the reduction in chip sizes and the advancing power needs of the usual parts, I think keeping the Aura cool enough would have become a chore. Far from being a set-up with longevity, it was very hard to upgrade the parts that were able to fit the form.

As to DS's popularity, they have found the need to expand the size of their facility twice just in the last year to keep ahead(?) of demand. So no worries there. They appear to be doing very, very well!

It is also the fact that you can ask DS to build anything you want, in any case, with any parts that you supply. You can order anything sent directly to them and they will build you whatever you want. More often than not, most of those older style cases you are fond of went out of production with no choice from DS.

That is so awesome! I hope the best for DigitalStorm and I will always try to support them in either way. Also just to let you know i already have a $3,000 Lumos but in the future I would want a $14,511 Aventum 3 PRO and another Aventum 3 PRO that costs $60,000+ or under.

I am getting these computers since they're OP and that if I get the most overpriced expensive rich boy type of computers I know I would be getting godly performance. The only thing for the $60,000 Aventum 3 and why it's like a price of a Lamborghini is because it's a really great video rendering PC. With 2x Quadro graphics cards SLI and a Intel Xeon with 56 cores. This is going to be SMOOTH once I be able to buy and run these PCs!
Regards, CFalcon075.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 12:44pm

Shhh we don't say that name in these parts. LOL

LOL

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 12:26am

I am pretty pumped up for whatever the heck Spark is! Please let me know or if you don't wanna spoil it. Don't let the cat out of the box. But please let me know if you'd like. So is it a all-in-one PC, a desktop, or a laptop?

I can't say it's name.. but here's something to read.

Digital Trends article.

Edited by Snaike - 09 Feb 2020 at 12:26am
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:27pm

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:51pm

Regards, CFalcon075.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 3:52pm

Quote CFalcon075 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Alex

Regards, CFalcon075.
 Post Reply Post Reply