FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I loathe Windows 11!!!

Post Date: 2022-05-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GreatSouthernBear View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GreatSouthernBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I loathe Windows 11!!!
    Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:29am
Upset I made a huge mistake a few days ago when I upgraded my LUMOS from Windows 10 to Windows 11!  I fled 11 and went back to 10 with the aid of a fantastic Support person, Jose MerlaLove! Initially, the new OS seemed good and interesting until my Monitor developed a bit of flickering. Within hours there were periodic blinking. Then the occasional flash. The drivers were all up to date. No malware or supposedly problematic software. Then there were certain essential pieces of Graphics Software that I use for my Artwork that started to malfunction or overall performance was degraded.

I talked to a couple of friends, old folks like me, who also had these kind of issues on different platforms. The bunch of us hate Windows 11 and strongly suggest that you stick with Windows 10 for as long as you can because it is much friendlier to your machine, even if it isn't as pretty as Windows 11.
Great Southern Bear
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:47am
I generally don't switch OS until I absolutely have to. Can't tell you how long I hung on to XP.. all the way to the bitter end.

Work machines still on 7...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote GreatSouthernBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2022 at 1:04am
I learned the hard wayUpset ! 100% sure will never go to 11 no matter the incentive.

Great Southern Bear
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2022 at 7:37am
I have read in a few places that it is being compared to W8 and 8.1 and you know how efficient they were. Chilling
My main system is still on W7U and will remain on that until the mobo dies. I am not particularly against W10 or 11 but with each new OS, we lose control of our systems in the name of safety. Sound familiar?Ninja

JamesAstro View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JamesAstro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:53pm
Thanks for sharing your experiences with Windows 11. Now I know to stay with Windows 10.
Velox, Intel Core i9 11900K, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
32GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME
RTX 3090, 38" Ultrawide LG-38GL950G
Noctua NH-D15S cooler and NF-A14 fans, Corsair AX1600i PSU

Quote GreatSouthernBear Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:21am
I am pleased that I was able to rescue you from oblivion It astonishes me that our beloved Digital Storm would foist this Medusa upon its unwary sojourners. This Windows 11 is no Vestal Virgin, for us to bow to and kiss her feet and to worship as an act of wonder. No, if Windows 11 is not Medusa, in the form of software, then it is Loki who has decided to trick us into submission to a nightmare as the image of Paradise.LOL
Great Southern Bear
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2022 at 8:21am
Agreed that 11 is not up to par. Unless you need it for a new CPU architecture, I too suggest you avoid "upgrading" within the foreseeable future.
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RTX 3080 FE, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850, iCue H150i Elite Capellix
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2022 at 2:14pm
I haven't had any serious problems with Win 11 yet, knock on wood. I will admit I have had to reload my Sound Blaster AE-7 drivers every time MS decides to do a minor "update" to Win 11. This could be a Sound Blaster's issue since they have been a little squirrelly in the past. :-(

Such fun trying to stay current. I am brave and try to stay as close to current as I can but it has bit me in the A$% a few times already. But I enjoy the challenge to get the new stuff working like they said it would! :-)

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3200 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler dual fan/
 Post Reply Post Reply