Expectations:
[Fast, Reliable, Dependable, Responsive]

Usage:
[60% gaming, 40% web browsing]

Special Needs:
Games include COD, Fortnite, and simulation games]

Saved Ticket #: [Please Type Here]

Specifications:
in the market for a gaming/work desktop. im looking at the DS lynx level 2, the HP OMEN, and the NZXT pre builds. whats your guy's recommendations or is there another alternative or brand im forgetting. Im leaning twards the digital storm lynx but open to suggestions. Id like to have a desktop that would have a i7 9700f CPU with GTX 1660 Ti GPU.

.. combined duplicate threads for easier responses ..

Edited by Snaike - 30 Apr 2020 at 10:40am
Scoped View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scoped Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 8:22am
in the market for a gaming/work desktop. im looking at the DS lynx level 2, the HP OMEN, and the NZXT pre builds. whats your guy's recommendations or is there another alternative or brand im forgetting. Im leaning twards the digital storm lynx but open to suggestions. Id like to have a desktop that would have a i7 9700f CPU with GTX 1660 Ti GPU. Like to spend around 1000$, give or take 100$ and the desktop has to run COD, Fornite, and simulation games. Thanks
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 9:39am
The DS configurator won't let you configure the Lynx Level 2 with anything but the 1650. If you go to the custom Lynx build, you would essentially be overpaying for a 2060.

Your best bet is to call DS Sales directly, and see if they could work with you to configure the Level 2 with your GPU of choice.

I took a look at NZXT, and they offer a system (Starter Plus) for about $1k. That prebuilt has an i59400F. Gaming is going to be the real determinant of how much power (and cost) you will need to address in your decision. Based on that, I'd go with the NZXT since the better GPU is offered. Keep in mind, at this price point, you may almost be better off building your own system.

Here is a parametric build (parts list) from PCPArtpicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/MNwrxr/modest-intel-gaming-build

Edited by GrandesBollas - 29 Apr 2020 at 9:41am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:28am
Dunno what was so bad about the answers you got in the other thread.

Obviously you don't get a 1660 Ti in the Lynx Level 2. What you do get, as Ariktu pointed out, is a DS quality platform that will play perfectly well on a 1080p monitor. He made the case the Lynx 2 is easy to improve to a pretty awesome gamer with a couple of pretty simple upgrades.

As I know that Nvidia is preparing to launch a whole new line of GPUs as soon as August, I'm not sure I would build around the video card like GrandesBollas advised. He is right that "For gaming, GPU is everything", but I wouldn't want to see August come around with a new GPU in the same price range that blows my not so new 1660 Ti out of the water. Not when I could be gaming just fine with a Lynx 2 based on a very powerful CPU that will last me several years and several upgrades until that right GPU comes along.

Of course, you get the best outcome of all if you just save up another $300 for a Lynx 3.
 Post Reply Post Reply