FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Initial Set Up

Post Date: 2010-08-16

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Munkypaw View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote Munkypaw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Initial Set Up
    Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 3:57pm
Hiya everybody! I ordered my DS about a week ago and FedEx tells me that it should be here tomorrow *fingers crossed*. I was wonder what I should expect to do once it arrives? How much set up is required out of box?
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class... especially since I rule."
Back to Top
Munkypaw View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote Munkypaw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 3:58pm
Not ordered - it shipped a week ago. I'm dumb.
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class... especially since I rule."
Back to Top
Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2247
  Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 4:02pm
Well, once you're done being giddy like a kiddie on Christmas morning and finish unpacking it and getting all the foam inserts out of it, inspect everything to see if anything has come lose during transit. Unplug and reseat anything as needed if anything came lose.

After that just plug in your peripherals and go have fun. You can use applications like CPU-Z GPU-Z to see what your hardware settings are currently at, and RealTemp to monitor GPU and CPU temps.
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
Back to Top
Munkypaw View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
  Quote Munkypaw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 4:25pm
So it's essentially plug n' play? Cool stuff.
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class... especially since I rule."
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.0625 seconds.