FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inquiry about Liquid Cooling Modification

Post Date: 2022-04-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shrimp0Gawd View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shrimp0Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Inquiry about Liquid Cooling Modification
    Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 8:02pm
Hello everyone!
I'm interested in purchasing an Aventum X system, but I have some questions pertaining to the liquid cooling aspect.

When in the configurator, the buyer is prompted to choose between three options for the H20 Hydrolux PRO cooling system...

1 CPU
1 CPU + 1 GPU
1 CPU + 2 GPU.

Now let's say I choose the 1 CPU option. Am I now forever stuck with liquid cooling for the CPU only. Or are there always 3 tubing ports for +2 GPU support?

Is it possible to order more hardline tubing if this is the case?

I suppose I'm trying to understand just how modular and easy to modify the liquid cooling in the Aventum X is.

Thanks!

Edited by Shrimp0Gawd - 06 Apr 2022 at 8:34pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 11:02pm
Welcome to DS.

The Aventum is the top of the line for systems here. It has a cooling manifold with ports ready for additional hardware. You will be able to add gpu(s) under liquid as long as they are also prepared with a liquid cooling block attached.

Since you mention hardline tubing, you will have to make your own. There is no way to have sets prebuilt for all the different gpus in the market.  You can cut or bend the corners depending on how DS builds yours. Lately they are using fittings instead of bending the tubing so it is a lot easier to do the new plumbing when adding new hardware. That is the main reason we recommend soft tubing.

Enjoy.
Smile

Edited by hoserator - 06 Apr 2022 at 11:06pm
Shrimp0Gawd View Drop Down

Quote Shrimp0Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 10:41am
Thanks so much for the info!

Soft tubing - can do.

Quick question, however. What liquid cooling blocks is D.S compatible with? I'm a bit new to this.

Is there a standardized fit for all liquid cooling blocks, or maybe just EKWB? Are there fitting modifiers? I've been trying to do some research but have come up empty handed. Maybe I don't know what I should be looking for.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 10:59am
No worries about the questions. We are all learning here.

The industry uses 1/4" fittings so it does not matter what brand you use. If soft tubing is used, you will need the outside diameter (od) and inside diameter (id). DS can provide that information.  Or if you are installing new tubing just buy the fittings for its size.

DS used Koolance QDs (quick disconnects on the cpu and gpus) on mine and they do make everything much easier. I don't have the Aventum with the cooling manifold so I can't really give you any practical advise as to how its cooling loop is rigged or hardware used. Hopefully someone with one can enlighten us.

Edited by hoserator - 07 Apr 2022 at 11:01am
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 3:28pm
Quite informational discussion!

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2022 at 12:16pm
i know this is late so prob out of date info here but DS configures the custom loop differently for cpu only some.  the gpu QD ports will be closed off with tubing, so you'd probably need to drain the loop and reconfigure the fittings to accept the QD mounts with tubing going to the new gpu water blocks if you're adding a card(s) to the loop.  it won't be as simple, IIRC, as simply "plugging and play". 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
 Post Reply Post Reply