FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Internal lighting?

Post Date: 2021-10-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NVernice795 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NVernice795 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Internal lighting?
    Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 7:31pm
im sure this was answered somewhere but am planning on getting an aventumX system once alder lake drops, i was justr cxurios what the difference between "Digital Storm LED lighting system" and Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System"?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 3:13pm
I'm not into 100 pound monster cases, so I'm not certain, but I know the Remote Controlled Advanced LED is a rather inexpensive light strip that has over 300 variations you can control. I'm guessing the Digital Storm LED system is what you see in all the pictures minus the RGB case fans that are ordered under "Chassis Fans". If no one else steps up to answer, I'd ask DS sales to be sure.
AlphaFX View Drop Down

Quote AlphaFX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 9:20am
I was told on the phone the DS LED lighting system doesn’t change colors. I saw a YouTube video were a guy said the had the system and flickering through the colors. I have no clue what’s the real answer.

Edited by AlphaFX - 29 Oct 2021 at 9:21am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 12:01pm
I think I found that video. It's from 2014 and a lot of gear has changed since those days. More recently, Linus of Linus Tech Tips unboxed an Aventum X at the end of 2018. here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUoO3Ik8aIk

At about 34:30, he starts to talk about RGB, and he talks about it quite a bit. As you'll see, there is quite a bit of color changing going on. I can tell you for certain that is NOT the remote controlled light strip. This video is almost 3 years old, and things change. I'd get a second opinion to be sure of what you'll get. Some of the Linus video is on the DS Aventum page! Check also the video below it, and you will see a constant color. Perhaps what they meant was it does not CYCLE colors. Refer to it and get a straight answer as to what the Digital Storm LED Lighting System is and then tell us so WE'll know! you could e-mail:

[email protected]      to find out once and for all.

Good luck!   
AlphaFX View Drop Down

Quote AlphaFX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 12:02pm
Just received an email that both are the same now. No difference between the two. One use to be legacy were you could not switch the color, but now they’re both the same.

Originally posted by NVernice795

im sure this was answered somewhere but am planning on getting an aventumX system once alder lake drops, i was justr cxurios what the difference between "Digital Storm LED lighting system" and Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System"?
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Cretae

I can tell you for certain that is NOT the remote controlled light strip.

Simply for verification, are you referring to the LTT video you linked to?

I ask because Linus asks "Where did I put the remote?" at ~34:58 and you can see him using the remote to 'flip' through the light strip colors (or as he says "your base mode lighting") from time index 36:07 to 36:35. Linus also explains how Corsair's iCue software would be used to change the fans' LEDs and the Asus Aura Sync to control the motherboard and RAM LEDs.

Again, just trying to clarify.

P.S. If you search the forum, this question has come up several times before with no definite answer. Perhaps DS should take that as a sign to do official clarification.
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RX 6900 XT, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 4:51am
Shoot, you could be right. You CAN get a single none-flashing color on the light strip. Didn't think any one would even do that since it has something like 380 modes.

Now I'm more in the dark than ever, and I agree it is way past time DS clarified this. I've been a buyer, and will be in the future, and I have no idea at this point what I would be getting with DS LED Lighting System.

@AlphaFX: Do you mean they told you they are both the light strip?   
AlphaFX View Drop Down

Quote AlphaFX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:30pm

Shoot, you could be right. You CAN get a single none-flashing color on the light strip. Didn't think any one would even do that since it has something like 380 modes.

Now I'm more in the dark than ever, and I agree it is way past time DS clarified this. I've been a buyer, and will be in the future, and I have no idea at this point what I would be getting with DS LED Lighting System.

@AlphaFX: Do you mean they told you they are both the light strip?   

This is direct from Alex via email. As I had the DS LED lighting system on my build. I asked him what’s the difference between DS LED lighting system and the RBG advanced option.

Alex - “ That’s correct, you will only receive a remote to control the lighting system. Both are actually the same now, the legacy version of this was where the lighting system would not change color at all.”

With that said, I wonder if it’s still a difference though, if both comes with remotes and are the same, shouldn’t it just be one option?

Edited by AlphaFX - 30 Oct 2021 at 2:32pm
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 3:22pm
I have the DS LED strip (with Remote) on my 2-year old Lumos. I am able to cycle through hundreds of combinations of flashing, marching, & solid lights with all sorts of color combinations.
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by AlphaFX

With that said, I wonder if it’s still a difference though, if both comes with remotes and are the same, shouldn’t it just be one option?

I agree it is way past time DS clarified this. I've been a buyer, and will be in the future, and I have no idea at this point what I would be getting with DS LED Lighting System.
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RX 6900 XT, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
 Post Reply Post Reply