FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Internet Explorer 8 screen keeps flickering! Help!

Post Date: 2011-12-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kane860 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Internet Explorer 8 screen keeps flickering! Help!
    Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:18pm
Hey Guys,

Gonna be getting a new rig from DS very shortly but I have an issue right now on my current old rig that I was wondering if you guys could help me with.  I am using Windows 7 Professional and I am using Internet Explorer 8 as my main browser.. havent updated to IE9 because I dont think I am going to like it so I stuck to 8 for now.. anyhow, I usually keep a lot of Internet Explorer windows opened and I just keep them minimized on my screen but now I am noticing that after I open up a few IE windows, the screen starts to flicker when I move around my mouse cursor.  I have updated my graphics drivers and that did not help.  Anyone have any idea of how to fix this or what is going on?

Please, no comments about how I should use Firefox or Google as my browser, I do not like either of them and that is not going to solve my current issue. 

Thanks!
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:51pm
Alright, I know you don't want to use the other browsers, but could you briefly install say.. Firefox or Opera, to see if you have the issue with that browser as well?

This will help with the process of narrowing down the issue.

Also, does it flicker worse, or only on certain websites? For example, does it only do it once you have a window with Flash, or JavaScript, or Silverlight open?
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:57pm
I have firefox installed, havent seen any similar issues with it though.  And I havent been able to link any particular type of website to the frequency of the flickering.  It just seems to happen on any website, after I have a few browsers already opened. 
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:08pm
Have you tested to see if any of your add-ons are causing the issue?

I know you said you updated your graphics drivers, but did you do a complete clean install of them?

Also, if neither of the above do anything, try to completely uninstall, then clean reinstall Adobe Flash.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:12pm
Have you tested to see if any of your add-ons are causing the issue?

I know you said you updated your graphics drivers, but did you do a complete clean install of them?

Also, if neither of the above do anything, try to completely uninstall, then clean reinstall Adobe Flash.
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:13pm
yep, did complete install of the drivers.  I will see if I can do the uninstall of Flash later tonight.  Aside from that, any other ideas?
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:16pm
I'd check the Add-Ons first, lots of time there  can be an issue there. If it still occurs then I'd try the clean reinstall of Flash again (I've seen this work in the past). After that, I'd next do I complete reset of Internet Explorer, which I believe is in the Advanced Menu under Internet Options in the Control Panel.
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:19pm

thanks for the ideas, I'll see what I can do Ninja

jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:19pm
Also, are you using any sort of special Windows 7 theme? Those themes can some times cause issues like you are describing. because of the changes they make to your Windows settings.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 4:13pm
its either addons or themes, but drop ie ff or opera are much much better.
AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 1:09am
DST4ME besides the memory usage do you not like chrome? I use chrome and it feels flawless to me. In all honesty when I use Opera I get broken pages and sometimes lines appear through large pictures (horizontal lines, black ones). I like explorer 9 too.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:02am
I never have any problems with opera with broken pages and etc, not sure what is going on on your side, the memory usage is huge deal specially to me, chrome uses with 10 tabs what opera uses with like 50 - 60 tabs.

also can chrome do this:

that is me double clicking a ticket number and then choosing to load it and bring up the page with the specs for that ticket number, all in 3 clicks, can chrome do that?

thats just one feature for here, I have many different feature I use for my browsing, another one is to upload an image directly to imageshak, or pretty much I can do anything with any text or image, I can load them to site and etc like the ticket numbers here, or right clicking and image and uploading to imageshak or any other image site I want, and those are just 2 examples, the imageshak I think there is an addon for firefox but its not the same as what I'm doing with opera, I can add that feature to any part of opera, the addon for ff just adds it to couple of parts, not every part you would want.

in short I can config opera in ways that chrome just can't do, and when you can config to that extent your browsing becomes much faster and more enjoyable, like it is for me here with ticket numbers, nobody is gonna be able to load a ticket number faster then me here, well nobody that does not use opera I should say I guess.

Edited by DST4ME - 22 Dec 2011 at 4:04am
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 8:31pm
I havent had a chance to do any diagnosing to apply everyones suggested remedies but I will give it a shot.. also I never tried Opera, I guess ill check it out... Regarding IE, I dont use themes.. not sure what add ons I even have on either since I dont care for them
 Post Reply Post Reply