FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Internet security

Post Date: 2011-12-31

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ducks View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
  Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Internet security
    Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 8:42pm
Anyone know if malwarebytes is a good security program for your cpu?
Digital Storm x17 Laptop
17.3 Inch(1920 x 1080)
Intel Core i7 2630QM
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
GTX 560M 1.5GB
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 8:59pm
ITs a great anti spyware but you need a good av and firewall to go with it like ESET Smart Security, it has a 30 day full free trial, try it first then buy a license after 30 days I love it and highly recommend it.
Back to Top
Ducks View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
  Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 9:39pm
Thanks!
Digital Storm x17 Laptop
17.3 Inch(1920 x 1080)
Intel Core i7 2630QM
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
GTX 560M 1.5GB
Back to Top
Brewtus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 19 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 113
  Quote Brewtus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

ITs a great anti spyware but you need a good av and firewall to go with it like ESET Smart Security, it has a 30 day full free trial, try it first then buy a license after 30 days I love it and highly recommend it.


Newegg had a deal on Smarty Security 5 and also threw in a copy of Malware Bytes. Definitely understand why people love ESET.

DST, you think you could post an update for your Smart Security settings?
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 12:33am
Sure which part needs updating? as far as I know the settings are pretty much the same just where you chose them kinda changed, but if there is a part that needs updating and I'm forgetting let me know
Back to Top
Brewtus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 19 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 113
  Quote Brewtus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 9:25am
I was wondering if you posted your settings for the other parts: network, web & email, etc.

Or did you just leave them at their default.
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 5:16pm
I think networks is firewall and that and web should be there, email and etc is more preference really, the defaults are good but have a look and see if you want any of the other options.

IF I'm mistaken let me know.
Back to Top
Brewtus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 19 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 113
  Quote Brewtus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 11:35am
I was referring to these settings you posted

Maybe I am looking at an outdated version.

Also, are you experiencing a bug with the gamer mode for ESET SS 5. When I show desktop ESET enables gamer mode. When I restore a program (i.e. chrome) it disables gamer mode. If I click the desktop ESET turns gamer mode back on. Once I click on chrome, it turns off.
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 3:03pm
I see I will add the firewall and etc when I have a chance.

I don't use teh game mode so I can't tell you.

chrome is using lot of your resources for no reason you know that right?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 6.445313E-02 seconds.