FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is a Digital Storm desktop for me?

Post Date: 2014-02-12

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
taxguy View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
  Quote taxguy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is a Digital Storm desktop for me?
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:33am
First, let me note that I am a bit handicapped. I can't install any computer or get down and dirty connecting wires other than simply plugging in an electric cord.

My question is if I have a problem with a Digital Storm desktop, how do I get it fixed? If I have to pack everything up and send it to them, I can't do this. Laptops are another story,but I don't think I could do this with a desktop. Thus, is there any on -site support that they provide or can  be bought.


Edited by taxguy - 12 Feb 2014 at 7:17am
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:20am
Hi taxguy...    Welcome to the forums.    I don't know of any on-site support by Digital Storm, but an email to them for an authorized answer would be best,

[email protected]

If they identify a faulty part over the phone or email, they will send you the part. But, that means installing it yourself or by a friend, family member.

Good luck.

Edited by bprat22 - 12 Feb 2014 at 6:28am
Back to Top
taxguy View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
  Quote taxguy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:00am
Thanks for the email contact and response. I really seem to like what I see with DS. However, no on-site support would be a killer for me.It's a shame if they have no on-site service at people's homes. There are hundreds of thousands of people like me who either can't mail back the entire desktop and won't be able to fiddle with the system and install parts.  Frankly, I believe it is the majority of the population. Having an on-site option, even at an extra charge,would benefit DS greatly.

Notebooks, however, won't need this service. They can be easily mailed back.




Edited by taxguy - 12 Feb 2014 at 7:17am
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:21am
Yeah, I hear ya.   There has always been talk amongst us on the forum of having on-site service as just icing on the cake with DS.   I would love it also, although I am lucky enough to be able to troubleshoot and repair myself.

Chances are any desktop you get from DS will work just fine, but no guarantees.

Best of luck and stay in touch.

Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:20pm
A majority of problems are easily resolved remotely because our team can walk our customers through the process. If it's a complex task, we can help make arrangements to have it come in for service.

Onsite service would be great! Only issue is that the general technician out there won't really know what to do when they're dealing with one of our high-performance PCs.
Back to Top
tallikat View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
  Quote tallikat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 3:46pm
i gotta say, that would be amazing having an on-site tech. although, hopefully i can learn to upgrade/repair/troubleshoot myself in the not too distant future.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 7.098389E-02 seconds.