FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a good config/ will this look good?

Post Date: 2011-12-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TimeWindow View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is this a good config/ will this look good?
    Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 1:35pm
Budget:
Blank, this is like my dream computer.

Expectations:
For this to be an awesome computer to kick some butt and accually run the games my friends tell me about on all max settings (bulletstorm, WoW, etc)

Usage:
Anything I can possibly do with it. Gaming, 3D modeling, movies, whatever.

Special Needs:
None

Saved Ticket #: 635058

Specifications:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS HailStorm Edition
Exterior Finish: - EXOTIC Black Smoke High-Gloss Paint Finish (HailStorm Chassis Only) <b></b>
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X 3.3GHz (Six-Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s) <b></b>
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1000W Digital Storm Certified (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition Highly Recommended)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (250GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 510 Series) (Extreme Performance) <b></b>
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (250GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 510 Series) (Extreme Performance) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (250GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 510 Series) (Extreme Performance) <b></b>
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) <b></b>
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray & DVD Writer/Reader (Burn + Play Blu-Ray & DVDs) (12x BD-R) (Lite-On iHBS112) <b></b>
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB (PhysX)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Auzen X-Fi Hometheater HD 7.1 (Model: AZTHTHD02817) (PCI-Express Slot Based) <b></b>
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 4: Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System: CPU Only <b></b>
H20 Tube Color:Black Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive) <b></b>
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Red) (Up to 6 Fans) <b></b>
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes)
-My question with that is will this look good, the UV on the black tubes?
Enhancements: Strike-X AeroCool Temperature Display & Fan Controller (Requires Chassis Airflow Upgrade) <b></b>
Chassis Mods: HailStorm & 950Si: Processor & Video Card Area: Drill and Mount Two Side Window 120mm Fan Blow-Holes <b></b>
-is it needed?
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material) <b></b>
LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Text (Plexiglass Acrylic Window) <b></b>
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Boost Video Card: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability <b></b>
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: McAfee Internet Security 2011 (Virus, Spyware , Spam, Phishing, Firewall, Online Backup Protection) <b></b>
Office: Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student (Full Retail Box Packaging) <b></b>
Game: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 <b></b>
Display: Hanns-G HANNspree 21.5 inch HF225DPB (Widescreen) (Black) (Built-in Speakers) (5ms Response Time) <b></b>
Surge Shield: APC SurgeArrest Personal PER7 (7 Outlet) 120V Surge Protector <b></b>
Speakers: Logitech 2.1 System (Model LS21) (Includes Subwoofer) <b></b>
Keyboard: Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard (USB) (RZ03-00260800-R3U1) <b></b>
Mouse: Razer TRON (Laser 5600 dpi) (Gaming Mouse) (USB Wired) <b></b>
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Medium) <b></b>
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty <b></b>
kane860 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 7:11pm
Here are my thoughts:

1.)  Switch the motherboard to the ASUS X79 Deluxe.  The rampage extreme does not offer anything that you will need that the Deluxe board does not have.
2.) Switch the power supply to the better quality Corsair 1050HX.
3.)  Everyone will recommend you to change your case to the HAF X 942 since it offers the best cooling.
4.)  SLI 580's will be great but you may be able to get away with SLI 570's instead and save some money. 
5.) Get rid of the chassis performance fan upgrade as this adds small 120mm fans and a LOT OF NOISE.  If you go with the HAF X case, you will be in good shape.
6.) Remove the noise suppression package so you can get better airflow. 
7.)  If you ever want to run more than 16gb of ram, you need Windows 7 Professional, keep that in mind because Premium maxes out at 16gb. 
System:
HAF X942 / i7 3930k 6-core cpu / ASUS P9x79 Deluxe MOBO
16gb DS ram / Corsair 1050HX PSU / Two - Intel 320 series 120gb SSD's
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD / GTX570 2.5gb GPU / Noctua D14 Cooler

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 9:00pm
Alright..but (sorry if this sounds stupid) but why change the case? I have the sub zero cooling thing..and what is the HAF X942? is that still Black OPS and such?
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 9:31pm

@DST4ME:  let 'em know about the HAF!  lol 

System:
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 12:52am
Just to clarify, changing to 570 is not getting away with anything, the change is because you won't notice the difference between 570 and 580, I just want to make that everybody understands at 1900 x 1200 we go with 570 cause going with 580 is a pretty much a waste since the difference will not be noticed.

noise package at best gets ride of 10% of noise, and lowers airflow, also trap noise trap heat.

the Strike-X AeroCool Temperature Display & Fan Controller is pointless as it won't control all your fans, its temp reading is not accurate.

as for case, you have lc on cpu only, so gpus are air cooled and for that you want great airflow which the hailstorm is not great in at all and the haf = High Air Flow .

McAfee sucks and will slow down your performance.

now games like wow only make use of one gpu, but games like bf3 use both gpus.

What is the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be gaming at? and are you gonna do any 3d gaming on it?
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 12:09pm

HAF X Case = Strong

System:
robmd13 View Drop Down

Quote robmd13 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 10:44am
TimeWindow, I just went through the same thing as you.  Look at all of the post threads of post titled "What do you think of this configuration?".  This may help you out.
Rob
Robert Michael DeRose
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 12:35pm
lol  I went through all of the "talk of why HAF is best" too because I was not going to go with that case initially.. of course, as most people usually end up doing, I broke down and bought the HAF X lol
System:
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 1:57am
Rob your got that pc for res of 2560 x 1600, his res and needs are totally different then yours.

he does not need the x79 platform to begin with, you do.

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:34pm
Alright Im back...I changed the specs yall suggested changed the case to the HAF X..and the new specs are here...

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Six-Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)  <b></b>
Expansion Bay: Dual Solid State Hard Drive Hot Swap Bay <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (250GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 510 Series) (Extreme Performance) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 510 Series) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 510 Series) <b></b>
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Writer/Reader (Burn and Play Blu-Ray Discs) <b></b>
Internet Access: !PROMOTION: Killer 2100 (Optimized for Online Gaming) Lag and Latency Reduction <b></b>
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (Includes PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-BR) <b></b>
Add-on Card: USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Card <b></b>
Sound Card: Auzen X-Fi Hometheater HD 7.1 (Model: AZTHTHD02817) (PCI-Express Slot Based) <b></b>
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 4: Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System: CPU Only <b></b>
H20 Tube Color:Black Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive) <b></b>
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Red) (Up to 6 Fans) <b></b>
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes) <b></b>
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Graphic (Non-Window Metal Side Panel) <b></b>
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard) <b></b>
Boost Video Card: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability <b></b>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition) <b></b>
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: Microsoft Office 2010 Pro (Full Retail Box Packaging) <b></b>
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: APC 1500VA Uninterruptible Backup Surge Conditioner (Recommended) <b></b>
Speakers: Logitech 2.1 System (Model LS21) (Includes Subwoofer) <b></b>
Keyboard: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard (USB) (920-000969) <b></b>
Mouse: Razer TRON (Laser 5600 dpi) (Gaming Mouse) (USB Wired) <b></b>
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large) <b></b>
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty <b></b>
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:41pm
change mobo for to deluxe.

for ssd you want intel 320, in 4k speeds its faster then the 510, if you want a faster drive look at m4.

Killer 2100 is waste of your money, its difference if any is a needle in a haystack, you will never notice it.

drop led fans they are loud and not a good idea, if you want led fans on haf we need to go different route.

drop oc on video cards, the difference is very little and not noticed (maybe 3 or 4 pfs) but its heat is noticeable.

the APC 1500VA can only do 860w your gpus is bigger tho your power draw is not probably that much, I would still not used that for that system.

fyi 6 year warranty is 6 years labor and 4 years part, keep in mind you pay for shipping back and forth still.

ask ds to use xspc "rx" series rad with Scythe gentle typhoon fans on them, this will give you better performance and less noise.

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:04am
ok new specs are...

Specifications:
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Six-Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s) <b></b>
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: Dual Solid State Hard Drive Hot Swap Bay
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series) <b></b>
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Writer/Reader (Burn and Play Blu-Ray Discs)
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E 802.11n Up to 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b) (Model: ASUS PCE-N15) <b></b>
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (Includes PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-BR)
Add-on Card: USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Card
Sound Card: Auzen X-Fi Hometheater HD 7.1 (Model: AZTHTHD02817) (PCI-Express Slot Based)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 4: Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System: CPU Only
H20 Tube Color:Black Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans <b></b>
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes)
LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Graphic (Non-Window Metal Side Panel)
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s) <b></b>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Office: Microsoft Office 2010 Pro (Full Retail Box Packaging)
Display: Samsung 21.5 inch B2230 (Widescreen) (Black) (5ms Response Time) <b></b>
Surge Shield: APC SurgeArrest Personal PER7 (7 Outlet) 120V Surge Protector <b></b>
Speakers: Logitech 2.1 System (Model LS21) (Includes Subwoofer)
Keyboard: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard (USB) (920-000969)
Mouse: Razer TRON (Laser 5600 dpi) (Gaming Mouse) (USB Wired)
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Large)
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty <b></b>

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:20am
Not sure why need that many ssds but if you need them then go ahead, rest looks good.

Most important thing about a monitor is its panel, right now there are 2 major ones, TN and IPS, IPS has superior picture quality/clarity.

1. response time is a bs number, its there to fool you and does not represent the true response time of the monitor, there is no real way of truly finding what response time is, the closest to it is white to white but you don't see that, you see grey to grey or black to black cause they give small numbers to fool users but they don't mean anything, there are different methods to get these numbers also, and each will give a different number as results, therefore you can even compare one to the other, cause we don't know what method was used for which, and even if we did, still GTG or BTB don't mean anything.

2. contrast ratio is also bs number.

here is a good IPS monitor

Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Dell UltraSharp u2312

You don't need a surge protector the psu has one built in.

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:01am
Woot! Save me money! Aand one word: music. I think im gonna change it to 1 ssd (for the os and apps) and 2 1 tb hard drives for storage and music.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:51pm
Hi TimeWindow,

Congratulations on listening to the suggestions and ending up with a great system.

Since this is your dream system with out budget constraints, I would move up to the 1200W Corsair Pro Gold Series power supply. You have a MoBo that supports Tri-SLI. If you decide on a configuration down the road that might require Tri-SLI you will be prepared for it. If you were on a tight budget I would not suggest this but for you it may be a good idea. If it was my system I would get the 1200w power supply. It is another $264. If you don't ever plan on multi-monitors you probably won't need it. The 1050HX is a great power supply but not a good choice for Tri-SLI.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 09 Jan 2012 at 12:59pm

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 4:44pm
Thanks Frank and DST4ME! :)

new (and hopefully final specs are)

Specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair Pro Gold Series (CMPSU-1200AX) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)  <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series)
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition) <b></b>
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E 802.11n Up to 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b) (Model: ASUS PCE-N15)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (Includes PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-BR)
Sound Card: Auzen X-Fi Hometheater HD 7.1 (Model: AZTHTHD02817) (PCI-Express Slot Based)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Graphic (Non-Window Metal Side Panel)
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Display: - No Thanks <b></b>
Surge Shield: - No Thanks <b></b>
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

Edited by TimeWindow - 09 Jan 2012 at 4:49pm

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

What is the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be gaming at? and are you gonna do any 3d gaming on it?

the...the 24in one you suggested from dell. the Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24"W Monitor, 24.0 Inch VIS, Widescreen, VGA/ DVI/ DP...

and ive never tried 3D gaming, it sounds cool and all but im worried about like what non 3D pages (like word documents/web pages etc) will look like...
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 5:12pm
Hi TimeWindow,

I think you got it. A comment about the warranty. The 3 year warranty only gives you 1 year on part replacement. That is pretty standard for the industry now. You should consider upping the warranty to 4 or 5 years. The 4 year gives you 2 years in parts and the 5 year gives you 3 years in parts. You will be money ahead if you have to replace a GPU under warranty.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 09 Jan 2012 at 5:13pm

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 5:17pm
alright..but..that.

Originally posted by DST4ME

fyi 6 year warranty is 6 years labor and 4 years part, keep in mind you pay for shipping back and forth still.

FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 6:01pm
"fyi 6 year warranty is 6 years labor and 4 years part, keep in mind you pay for shipping back and forth still."

Hi TimeWindow,

Yes there is also a 6 year warranty with 4 years of parts replacement. I was just alerting you to the fact that you need to check out your warranty requirements. Not specifying what to get. That is your choice.

Frank

Tha

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 6:11pm
alright. well this is hopefully the final specs..and ill buy it when i have enough money XD

Specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair Pro Gold Series (CMPSU-1200AX) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series)
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E 802.11n Up to 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b) (Model: ASUS PCE-N15)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Text (Non-Window Metal Side Panel) <b></b>
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 5 Year Limited Warranty <b></b>
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 6:36pm
@TimeWindow, frank gave you some good info, however I think he was tired and missed something:

tho your budget is open and option of tri is always good to have, there are 2 things wrong with it right now:

1. for the monitor you have chosen, tri sli is pointless.

2. with your sound card you can't do tri sli on that mobo, there won't be enough lanes open to do tri sli and sound card.

Now if you think you gonna upgrade monitor from the new dell you are getting in the next 2 years, then keep the 1200w corsair and change mobo to extreme, keep in mind that sound card and tri maxes out the extreme also, so you can't be using any other kinds of card, wireless/usb/tv/etc.

if you are gonna be keeping the new U2412M for the next 2 years then go back to the 1050hx and keep the deluxe mobo, if you are not gonna use it ever, no point in having it there.

to do 3d gaming you need a 3d monitor that is different then the dell monitors and is not IPS panel.

As others said:

Ask DS specifically for this fan to be added to the top, so you endup with 4 x 200mm fans:

haf 200mm non led fan

Ask for vcore lower then 1.4 for your oc.

Edited by DST4ME - 09 Jan 2012 at 6:36pm

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 6:43pm
you also told me to ask for " xspc rx series rad with Scythe gentle typhoon fans"

so those as well as the haf 200mm non led fans?

what is a vcore and an oc?

(also i dont think ill have that much money in 2 years..maybe. im just a sophomore in high school..)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:35pm
it should not be too much money, you got 2 years to save up lol.

yes rx series rads with typhoon on the rad, htat is all for the lc, the 200mm fan is for the case itself.

vcore is voltage used for your oc (overclock) on the cpu.

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:44pm
lol. true that. (and i dont have a job..stupid law...) so $20 every 2 weeks minus that every end of month for gas (i have no job but pay for my own gas..*sigh*)

and i just said in the whole "special instructions" part:

Please use xspc rx series rad with Scythe gentle typhoon fans on the rad, htat is all for the lc, the 200mm fan is for the case itself. and please have a  vcore lower then 1.4 for my overclock

anyway you can make this slightly simplular? what is htat? Ic? wait thats an L..*facepalm* so what is htat? and the cooling system i have..the H20: Stage 4: Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System: CPU Only..is that the whole insanity that makes stuff 0 C? (sorry for mispellings its like 11 here, tired)

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:52pm
oh and why 2 years? that like a certian deal period orr...?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:06am
lc = liquid cooling, your stage 4 lc.

htat = that = me can't type.

your stage 4 lc is not a necessity its a luxury, you don't need it, the noctua air coolers will give you great temps with stage 2 oc.

2 years because right around that time, your gpus will not be able to max out games of that time, so to get the pc back to being powerful in gaming, you either buy a new pc or buy a pc here and just upgrade the gpus every 2 to 3 years.

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:16am
ahh..ok. cant i just buy the gpus from here and switch the old out with the new?

and i see..so i can go with no liquuid cooling? but eventully ima show it off to my programmer/coder friend who opened me up to coding (and now i love it) and knowing him he'll try and do whatever he can to it, write programs just because etc XD

i think im getting addcited to this machine....

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:17am
special assembly thing now says

Please use xspc rx series rad with Scythe gentle typhoon fans on the rad, that is all for the Lc, the 200mm fan is for the case itself. and please have a  vcore lower then 1.4 for my overclock
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:25am
Please use xspc rx series rad with Scythe gentle typhoon fans for my liquid cooling. Please add a oem 200mm fan to the top optional fan slot of haf x. and please have a vcore lower then 1.4 for my overclock.

right now check out prices of 570 gtx evga on the part section of DS vs price of the same card on newegg, you will find its more expensive here.

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Jan 2012 at 12:26am

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:29am
62 charecter limit...according to the thing atm. but i know for a fact a complete blank one is like 254 charecter limit..wth?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:36am
Place your order and ask them to contact you before processing it, also email management with your order number and ask management also to not process your order till they talk to you, or in the email to management ask them to do all that:

[email protected]

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:50am
i dont have the money..and if this netbook goes out on me..im screwed. i have an old desktop...it works..

and i can place my order but not pay yet? for 2 years? theyll do that? holy crap.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:55am
No wait lol I was referring to your special comments not the gpus.

what are you talking about?

Quote TimeWindow Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:57am
i dont know. i dont have the money yet, i thought u were saying i could place my order now and not have them process it till i got the money...XD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>