FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this BS? please be honest...

Post Date: 2009-07-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naraganeun View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Naraganeun Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is this BS? please be honest...
    Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 5:16am
 chatting with cousins in aion, this what they got to say about this spec
Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 975 3.33GHz (Quad Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified by mushkin enhanced (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition)
Card Reader: Internal Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (250GB Solid State (By: OCZ) Vertex Series (Model: OCZSSD2-1VTX250G)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 3x SLI Triple (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275(or 285) 1792MB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional (PCI-Express Slot Based)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 3: Specialized FrostBite Separate Dual Loop System for CPU & Three Video Cards
Liquid Color:UV Blue: Medium Glowing Non-conductive Fluid (Requires H20: Stage 3 & UV Lighting)
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock the processor between 4.0GHz to 4.2GHz (Requires H20 Cooling Upgrade)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: Memory Fan Kit Only (Does not include memory overclocking service)

Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-Bit Edition) With Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Install/Test Game: - No Thanks
LCD Display: Samsung 30 inch 305T (Widescreen) (Black) (High-Performance Gaming Display) Havn't decided on monitor 
Surge Shield: APC 1300VA Uninterruptible Backup Surge Conditioner (Recommended)
Speakers: Logitech 5.1 System (Black Edition) (Model X540) (Includes Subwoofer)
Keyboard: Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Lachesis Gaming Mouse (High-Speed Gaming Grade)
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-10 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty

now look

then they said liquid cooling is crap and stuff.... please be honest and try not be a sales person, ;(
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 5:40am
you wanna give me the jest of that, cause I'm not gonna read that whole thing, but if the bottom line is some idiot saying LC is crap, then I'm not sure what you want me to say, obviously this person fakespert and has no idea what he is talking about, there are plenty of fakesperts around.

as for you build that is a kickass build

BTW I'm not sure toward whom your comment of "please be honest and try not be a sales person" is directed, none of us here work for DS with the exception of Sarah, venom and Alex that come around, but none of us members ever advise anybody like we are a sales person, as a matter of fact I take pride in saying that in the config section of DS here, you get nothing but the facts, regardless of if its beneficial to DS or not, for example you will see lot of us telling customers to shop around for monitors and not get it from DS, lot of other places won't let you do that, one of many things I love about DS.

I think we have a bunch of people here with 4.0Ghz> OC and sli, perfectly happy.

BTW if I haven't told you yet, try and see if you can get a better price for your monitor from newegg
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:17am
Me thinks the "sales pitches" are coming from your buds--not DST...  They say, there's a grain of truth in every lie...  Check for yourself...take one thing at a time and research it...   For instance, sure you can "build it yourself" for cheaper...but, then you don't have a warranty--do you--would you like one?  If it's possible to LC to 6.5ghz on Liquid Nitrogen--would you want to--is it realistic? 

You won't find any "hard sell" approaches here...just other people like you who want the best bang for their buck, great service, and the gaming experience they're looking for. 

There's a lot of people out there who will tell you anything...and we're not faulting you for trying to figure out where the truth is...you're right to be cautious.  Pinch
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 11:31am
Just a bunch of kids that know nothing, talking crap. plain and simple.
AMD's Phenom is a good chip, but the Athalon? that shows they are idiots.
claiming to say they can personally OC to 6.5ghz show they are idiots. Claiming over 3.2Ghz will mess up SLI shows that they are idiots. Saying that they can do that and be under 60c proves they should be neutered. There is not one piece of accurate info in that whole conversation. Smile
Doc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 12:54pm
"You have played for 1 hours. Please take a break for you health." Smile
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 2:24pm
That's funny Ermm I can't even comment on those screen shots.
 Post Reply Post Reply