FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this the PC for me?

Post Date: 2019-09-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrBringBacon View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrBringBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is this the PC for me?
    Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
Hello, I'm looking into getting a new computer that'll be able to stream 1080p gameplay on twitch and still run games at ultra quality without dropping frames.
I'm probably not going to be playing the games in 4k so as long as they work on ultra at 1080p I'll be happy.
I would also like it to be able to support my work, but it's not very hardware consuming considering that it runs fine on the cheap little 800$ laptop I have right now.

My only concern is knowing if this is the right fit or not for everything I'd like from it?

Edit: Config ID - 2588722

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 1000W Digital Storm Performance Series (Fully Modular) (80 Plus Gold)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: External USB - Blu-Ray Player (Blu-Ray 6x) & DVD/CD Writer
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: White Flexible Tubing + Clear Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Standard LED Performance Fans (White) Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: Digital Storm Premium Mouse Pad (Extra Large) (Full Desk) (Stitched Edges)
Display: MSI 27 inch MAG27C Curved Series (144Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (1920x1080)
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry - MX Red (Mechanical Gaming Keyboard) (Black/Metal Finish)
Mouse: ASUS ROG Gladius II Aura Sync USB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Thanks in advance for all the helpful comments.

Edited by MrBringBacon - 17 Sep 2019 at 3:43pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 12:45am
Welcome to the forum MrBringBacon!

This rig will do the job you need and much more, for quite a long time ahead I suspect! Lots of good choices here, and I can suggest a few improvements.

Excellent CPU, motherboard, RAM and GPU. Best case and cooling!

Recommend you switch to the best Corsair AX1200i 1200w all modular all digital PSU with a whopping 10 yr MFG warranty.   I own one of these and you won't find a better PSU.

Definitely need to change Drive 1.   You selected a standard SATA III M.2 SSD.    Switch to the Samsung 970 Pro NVME SSD or thetop of line Samsung 970 Plus NVME SSD for 5x faster performance over SATA speed drives.   NVME SSD are faster because they utilize the speedier video PCIE X4 bus of your motherboard.

In a case with 14 case fans, a fan quality upgrade would be very meaningful.   Use the better Corsair LL Series RGB fan upgrade or best Corsair ML Series RGB fan upgrade, and switch to the Corsair Commander Pro control module.   As a result, using Corsair iCue software you would be able to control fan speeds and coordinate the RGB lights on ALL your Corsair RGB equipped components and synch them all.

BTW, unless you need to combine the monitor with this purchase, you could do better price wise and performance on monitors shopped online.   Look for NVidia GSync approved monitors off of NVidias GSync tested list on their website.   For best color quality many of us here use IPS 1080P or 2K monitors from Dell, Dell-Alienware, Asus and LG.    

Lastly... you are building this DS Aventum X rig in the massive best water-cool-everything case on the entire planet...will keep frosty temps on everything!    So I definitely recommend that you do a full Stage 2 Overclock on the I9-9900K 8-core/16-thread processor and get the full CPU performance you are paying for.   If you don't fully OC, you don't get it all! Intel engineers their K Class & X Class processors to be fully Overclocked, you have the very best water cooling possible, and DS are the Overclocking experts with over a decade of experience setting up high end Overclocked gaming rigs like this one.   

See what you think.....Its going to be a very strong build!

Edited by HockeyBuck - 18 Sep 2019 at 12:47am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 3:40am
Originally posted by MrBringBacon

Hello, I'm looking into getting a new computer that'll be able to stream 1080p gameplay on twitch and still run games at ultra quality without dropping frames.
I'm probably not going to be playing the games in 4k so as long as they work on ultra at 1080p I'll be happy.
I would also like it to be able to support my work, but it's not very hardware consuming considering that it runs fine on the cheap little 800$ laptop I have right now.

My only concern is knowing if this is the right fit or not for everything I'd like from it?

It is always best to get what you want, so you have your best experience for a very long time to come. Having said, I can also say your build is way more than you need for the stated purposes. If budget is of any concern, you could do well for a lot less $$. Just sayin'.
 Post Reply Post Reply