FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is Windows 10 Is A Better Option Than Windows 8?

Post Date: 2020-06-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tiling-Perth View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tiling-Perth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Is Windows 10 Is A Better Option Than Windows 8?
    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 12:47am
I am currently using Windows 8 which I installed on my laptop in the year 2014 and since then my Windows never crashed nor I faced certain issues regarding its way of operating my system. I handle all my work and my website with so ease.

But my friends always recommended that I have to use Windows 7 which will be the best option for me but after that, I installed Windows 8 without any suggestion because at that time it was new and very much on trending.

But now Windows 10 appear on the market and I know that it is not the best one to work with and not get that much popularity as Windows 7 does but one thing for sure that it has its own best points. So I want to know which is the best Windows in your opinion and Is Windows 10 better than Windows 8?

Thanks.
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:36am
The answer really depends on your usage case. I've heard from overclockers that Windows 7 is better than Windows 10. Windows 8 has been described in similar terms as Windows Vista - a stop-gap interim OS between Windows 95 and Windows XP.

There may be some negative performance aspects in Windows 10 that you otherwise would not encounter in Windows 7. However, neither Windows 7 or Windows 8 are supported by MS. Like it or not, Windows 10 is here to stay and is unfortunately the road going forward.

That said, you have some choice in the kind of Windows 10 you buy - home edition; professional or server.

There are a number of information sources to chose from. Here's one I found:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-decide-should-you-upgrade-to-windows-10/

Bottom Line - Windows 10 may not be compatible with your PC hardware. Going forward with a new PC - get Windows 10. You won't have a choice.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:29am
I was reluctant to go from Win 7 to 10, but in over 2 years, I've had no problems at all. I like it.

When my wife got a laptop with Win 8 on it, it was hate at first sight, and the 8.1 upgrade couldn't come fast enough. I'm surprised you didn't get that. When the free upgrade to Win 10 came along, she grabbed it and never looked back.

I have very limited experience with Win 8, but from what I saw, Win 10 is similar, but better in every way. It's hardly new. it's been out almost 5 years.
Stellar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Stellar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:18am
You should consider upgrading to W10. I find the interface more appealing and reminds me of a modern Windows XP.
 Post Reply Post Reply