FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just got my Rig!

Post Date: 2009-02-13

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pcxtreme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
  Quote pcxtreme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Just got my Rig!
    Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 11:02pm
Hey guys, well its been a really long journey for my DS rig. It had ship from California all the way to Bermuda. I wanna talk about the shipping first as it was awesome! You would think for such a long way to travel the box or the machine would have some kind of damage to it, but there was none present whatsoever. They really do a great job with the packaging. The foam is really shock resistent and thick and the stormshield expanding foam in the machine itself is an awesome touch and keeps the insides protected.
 
My HAF core i7 920 is amazing! I can safely say that I'm in love with my computer. Boots up one time at start up. No problems there. It looks sweet aesthitically, both inside and out. Only thing I might have changed was I got the performance fans, when really I dont think I needed them. But with the V8 and the single gtx 295 the insides look pretty sick. Not as full as some of the other machines I've seen that are cramped full of stuff but still great looking in every sense. There is barely any visible wiring, which in itself it amazing. It truely looks sick when you have all these high end components with lighting and everything shining off of them while you look at them through the side panel window. one issue I did have was the LED fans are loud even on low. It ended up getting overclocked to 3.3 which was a little lower than I was hoping for, but I'm still pleased, its alot better than the 2.67 stock. One thing I will upgrade really soon is the ram, I want to add another 3 gigs then I think I'll be good to go.
 
I'll post some pics as soon as I get the camera back from my wife. As well as temps! Over all I would give the whole experience and the product a 9.5/10.
 
Here is my configuration:
Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 3GB DDR3 1333MHz Corsair Dominator DHX (High-Performance)
Power Supply: 750W Corsair TX (Dual SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition)
Card Reader: Internal Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1TB Western Digital (7200 RPM) (16MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Cooler Master V8 (Compatible With i7 Processors)
Liquid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a H20: Stage 3 Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
Enhancements: LED Performance fans (Red)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Windows Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)

Back to Top
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2961
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 11:05pm
3.3 OC is better than a stock 965 for hundreds of dollars cheaper.  I also got the V8 and 920 on air.  I hope I get your 3.3.  Anything 3.0 and better will make me very happy.  I should get my system Tuesday but I don't know my OC yet.
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Back to Top
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36758
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 11:12pm
pics pics
Back to Top
Kryhavoc View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 362
  Quote Kryhavoc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 11:14pm
Awesome!Ermm
Back to Top
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2961
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 11:16pm
Kryhavoc,
 
Wow!!  That is some sig block!!
 
Angry
 
 
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 7.226563E-02 seconds.