FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just got the RTX 2060 BUT....

Post Date: 2019-07-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RiceBowl View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiceBowl Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Just got the RTX 2060 BUT....
    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:55pm
Just got the RTX 2060 just like you guys advice me.. after i install it works but my 8year monitor isn't up to date ..so i went out and buy a a gaming monitor the HP 25X it have 144HZ and FreeSync ..after i went home and research a little bit i found out if you want Ray Tracing and G-SYNC you need WINDOW 10,, BUT.. i'm running on WINDOW 8.1 .. no wonder when i go download the driver it only have WINDOW 10 available...if you want all the good stuff from RTX card you need WINDOW 10...now i have to figure out how to save all my data and how to install WINDOW 10

one question if i just install the window 10 from window 8.1 after the installation does all my file and data will be there?? ...cause the window 10 look like window 8.1
aalomran View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aalomran Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 8:21pm
Easy fix, just google "download windows 10" and you'll find the Microsoft website. simply follow their steps and it should upgrade no problem, I also use to have a PC with windows 8 but at the time they were offering a free upgrade I am unsure if that still stands but if not after you update it will ask for a code to activate windows 10. If thats the case just google a cheap windows 10 pro key and you will find ones for $10 or less.
As for the data, I am unsure to be honest but in my case I did not recover or save anything in the the case that it messed up, I suggest you do that just to be safe so you do not lose anything but If I am not mistaken it shouldn't remove anything when upgrading (again I am unsure so better make sure or be safe and do a recovery save)
AA
 Post Reply Post Reply