FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Ordered a Few Days Ago..Now the Monitor

Post Date: 2010-07-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sA x sKy View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sA x sKy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Just Ordered a Few Days Ago..Now the Monitor
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:17am
So I finally ordered my config 2 or 3 days ago:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS Assassin Edition
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Gene SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series  (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1200W Digital Storm Certified (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition Highly Recommended)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (80GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Extreme Performance) (Model: X25-M MLC Edition)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX  (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 2x CrossFire Dual (ATI Radeon HD 5870 2GB) (Asus MATRIX 5870 P/2DIS/2 Hard OCP Gold award Eyefinity
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 4: Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System: CPU Only
H20 Tube Color: Blue Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Blue) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock the processor between 4.0GHz to 4.2GHz (Requires H20 Cooling Upgrade)
Graphics Boost: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit Edition)

and now I'm looking for a monitor that's roughly under $400. I'm looking for a monitor that I will be able to use for both my Xbox 360 and the PC. I plan on getting the Xbox 360 HDMI cable instead of using the component cables for the lowest amount of lag which would leave me to use VGA for the PC. One thing I'm not sure is if getting a 1900x1200 monitor would scale well with an Xbox rather than getting a 1900x1080. The only other thing I can think of is I would a prefer the monitor to be greater than or equal to 24". I'm just looking for a monitor that's great for gaming, with the lowest amount of input lag, with great color.

As I was typing I just realized another problem. The right speakers. The Xbox 360 w/the HDMI cable will only accept optical output speakers so are there any speakers with both the optical output and the green wiring that's used for a PC?

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Edited by sA x sKy - 08 Jul 2010 at 9:21am
teaiewold View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote teaiewold Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:59am
i could be wrong but if you're running X-Fire you're going to want to hook to the monitor using DVI or HDMI, i think VGA won't support the res you're going for.
sA x sKy View Drop Down

Quote sA x sKy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by teaiewold

i could be wrong but if you're running X-Fire you're going to want to hook to the monitor using DVI or HDMI, i think VGA won't support the res you're going for.

Hahha yeah I think you're right. So I need HDMI and DVI. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply