Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ericb73 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ericb73 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Keyboard & Mouse purchase
    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:31pm
Heello All,

New to the forums, my Digital Storm PC shipped out today...yay,so excited.

At the time of purchase I was on a budget, so I had to skimp a bit, no hydrolux cooling:(... Also, I wanted to get one of the keyboard/mouse options.

I've been searching the site and I cannot find the accessories to make the purchase. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any and all replies/info anyone can offer.

Regards,
Eric
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 11:57pm
Congratulations and welcome to DS.

The peripherals are not sold individually. You can order same from a retailer like Amazon or Newegg.

Good luck and images are always welcome. Big%20Smile
Ericb73 View Drop Down

Quote Ericb73 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:03am
Originally posted by hoserator

The peripherals are not sold individually. You can order same from a retailer like Amazon or Newegg.

Bummer:(. The one CSR said I'd be able to order them affer the fact. I don't even remember which options they were, just remember one being $39 and the other being $49. My last 2 computers are anciet Mac Book Pros (one from 2007 and the other 2011). Sadly, that's how far removed I am from all the goodies of today.

Is there any RGB light up keuboard/mouse combos you'd recommend? Definitely gotta have the matching stuff, lights wise...lol...

It's due to arrive 7/17/20. Once I have it all set up (and desk cleaned) I'll surely post some pics!!! :)

Thanks for the reply.

Eric
Ericb73 View Drop Down

Quote Ericb73 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:05am
Originally posted by hoserator

Ps. Thank you for the warm welcome. So excited to have one of these beasts coming!!!! I'll be able to finalize get some work done:)
theantihero View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote theantihero Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:32am
A good entry mechanical keyboard would be like a Durgod K320, if you're into TKLs. Otherwise another candidate for a mechanical keyboard is Ducky. I've found Ducky to be very solid mechanical keyboards and hardly goes wrong. As for switches go, they're very preference oriented and some actuate a lot faster than other switches. I've found the Reds or Browns as the good middle-ground for entry-level keyboards. I currently enjoy lubed NovelKeys x Kailh BOX Jade switches with /dev/tty matt3o keycaps. With the Durgod K320, the switches are PCB hot-swappables, which means that you can buy like 90 switches of different higher quality kinds and put them on the keyboard. I won't get into custom diy kits for keyboards as that generally goes above and beyond the $ that most people would be willing to spend.

As for the mouse, I really liked the Nixeus Revel as being really solid. I've owned a lot of different kinds ranging from Razer, Corsair, Logitech, etc. For the price, there's really no gimmicks and you're getting what you paid for. I still use it and it's been over a year or so.

Durgod K320: https://www.amazon.com/DURGOD-Mechanical-Keyboard-Interface-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B078H9CBX9?th=1

Nixeus Revel Mouse: https://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-Revel-Gaming-Windows-Rubberized/dp/B01HHGHCH8/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=nixeus+mouse&qid=1594484908&s=electronics&sr=1-2

And congrats!

Hopefully I get mine soon

Edited by theantihero - 11 Jul 2020 at 9:36am
Bolt X - Lust Red
Discord: theantihero#0001
 Post Reply Post Reply