Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Schugal View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Schugal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Krypton Ultimate Package
    Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:18pm
Budget:
Under $4k

Expectations:
Not a gamer but a designer with CAD and occassionally have video editing. Tend to need a workstation that is actually a laptop as I do travel but tend to be at a desk even when traveling. Have had really awful experience with cooling in others, and I am a touch typist who actually reads reviews for info on keyboards.

Usage:
Work and Hobby, creating

Special Needs:
Great Keyboard, 10Key a Plus (Ha Ha), sufficient cooling so that components do not die an early death. Need processing power, great read/write of HD. Would rather invest in overkill, then hate that I do not have time to upgrade later.

Saved Ticket #: 951826
Specifications:

So it is not a huge customization, but as I have been "shopping" all day long, I am actually having a problem finding the page that gives me specifications on available ports. When I am plugged in at home that includes (2) additional monitors, from my shopping today I have seen where that could be an issue in some circumstances for others. From the pictures, I think I see what they are, but a shorthand written spec would be super nice (and I am just tired at this moment, so if I missed it, please forgive me having a moment.)

Thanks in Advance :-)
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:21pm
Here is some pictures from another customer (the person below my comment) who bought the Krypton

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/review-krypton-there-can-be-only-one-tidf22426/

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 19 Apr 2014 at 5:51am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Roykirk View Drop Down

Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:38pm
I reviewed the Krypton within the last week.  I didn't get the Level 4 package, but I did add some extras to Level 3.

The review definitely covers some of your concerns, notably heat and keyboard.  It's definitely a 10-key and the Krypton handles heat quite well so far.

Click on the "More Info" link for the chassis when you're in the Configurator.  That will give you full details on ports and many other aspects of the chassis.
Schugal View Drop Down

Quote Schugal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 5:23am
That does help tremendously Roy, thank you. My eyes had gotten quite blurry by end of evening yesterday. I thought I had recognized the Clevo but that is not really in my wheelhouse to have had any certainty.

How long to get used to keyboard memory, remapping? Just curious.
Roykirk View Drop Down

Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 6:57am
Haven't remapped the keyboard.  I've gotten used to most of it, but the Fn key still gets me.  It needs to be on the left side of the space bar.  Heh.  I might eventually get used to it.  But it's difficult right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply